What is going on with this mole and should I be worried? (photo)

It has doubled in size in short time(on my back, not 100% sure when). Isnt painful unless pushed hard, numb feeling now after i messed with it a little. Son with delays noticed and said get out of their(noticeably bigger and changed). I have had sun poisoning a few times but dont tan or go out without spf. I have tons of big to small moles all over my body. I dont get them checked even though i should.

Should I be worried about a changing mole?

It is always difficult to tell from a photograph, but since your mole has been changing, you should be safe and have all your moles carefully evaluated. Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for irregular Borders; C for black or uneven Colors; D for Diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. If necessary, it is an extremely simple five minute procedure for a dermatologist to remove the mole on your back using a "shave" biopsy which typically leaves a minimal scar. The mole can then be checked microscopically for reassurance.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

When You're Concerned, get a consultation--Mole removal: lasers, radiowave, shave

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This can be improved or removed with lasers, radiowave or shave. Best, Dr. Emer