Is the healing from this mole shave biopsy normal? (photos)

I had a shave biopsy done on a mole about two months ago. The mole (as pictured below) was dark in color and had a small black spot in its center. The results showed it was benign. My concern is with the healing at the site of the biopsy - the brown color seems odd to me. I have read that pigmentation can be left behind during a shave biopsy, and I want to see if that's the case here. I have included a picture of the spot after 2 months of healing. Does this look normal? Is there cause for concern?

When You're Concerned, Call Your Doctor--Mole removal: lasers, radiowave, shave

I recommend following up with your Dr. This can be removed again with lasers, radiowave or shave. Best, Dr. Emer

Pigmented reaction after mole removal

Pigment cells can react with hyper pigmentation after removal of a mole.  Make sure to communicate this with your doctor, and they will also make sure the mole was completely removed.

Brent Moelleken, MD