Can I switch from Botox to Dysport? I had 50 ml to forehead 11 lines & crows feet. I'm 46 and female

due to go back for 2 wk review ,left hand side of face responded well have lump & bruise above eyebrow other side where one of the injections really hurt & winced against pain Botox has had no effect on that side or 11 lines I can feel the Botox on my left side where I can see has worked nothing on the other. wanting to know if I'm not happy with the consult at original dr can I go to another place that I have explained the situation to & then get Dysport instead at the 2 wk mark.

Botox or dysport

There is really no reason to switch.  it is not the Botox that is the issue. Be sure you are seeing aboard certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. also, you had 50 units not 50 cc

Nashville Dermatologist

Botox vs. Dysport

Both products are excellent products that can produce similar results. However, it sounds as if it was the placement of the Botox that was an issue.  Please consult an expert for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Botox or Dysport or BOTH?

You certainly can. In fact, I recommend trying both. Think of it as Pepsi vs. CocaCola. I have seen patients develop a "tolerance" if you will to Botox after years of treating with it. If that's the case, I would have you make the switch. For the Botox to have worked on one side but not the other makes me question the product placement, it may have been an injector error. Talk with your healthcare professional at your next visit to determine what your best options are.

Be well

#BotoxORDysport #ineffectivenessofbotox #injectorerror

Botox vs Dysport

Absolutely! In fact, I recommend trying both. Think of it as Pepsi vs. CocaCola. I have seen patients develop a "tolerance" if you will to Botox after years of treating with it. If that's the case, I would have you make the switch. For the Botox to have worked on one side but not the other makes me question the product placement, it may have been an injector error. Talk with your healthcare professional at your next visit to determine what your best options are.

Be well

#BotoxORDysport   #ineffectivenessofbotox   #injectorerror  

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Botox to Dysport

Your results are more than likely due to poor placement and you moving while getting injected.  Consider getting numbed before your next procedure in order to get more optimal results.  To answer your question, yes, if you choose to switch to Dysport you can without any problems.

Dr. Grant Stevens                        Marina Plastic Surgery Associates               Marina del Rey, CA                               The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Irregular botox results

Irregular botox results can be due to placement, technique, facial asymmetry.  It is likely not due to the product itself.  If botox is placed in the wrong plane or in the wrong amounts less effect will occur.  For best results, go see an expert injector.  No reason that you can't switch to dysport; the products are very similar in outcomes depending on injector dilution and techniques.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox vs Dysport

Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin are trade names for the botulinum protein that works specifically within the neuro-muscular junction to temporarily stop transmission of a particular neurotransmitter. This prevents muscle contraction. In our office, all three versions are used. I like to use Dysport in certain areas and Botox in others, but they can be used interchangeably to achieve the desired results. 

Botox and Dysport

Thank you for your question, and I hope you get the results that you seek. Botox will typically begin to "kick in" after 4-7 days. Dysport is about the same, but some may see results earlier. The full effect is usually seen after 7-10 days so additional injections are usually given at 2 weeks if needed. Botox typically lasts 3-4 months, and after that it begins to slowly wear off.  Your 2 week follow-up is a great time for a check-up. Best of luck.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Interested if your injections were performed by a board certified physician. Both products should have a similar result. You need to discuss with your doctor or have a second opinion. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Dysport or Botox

Thank you for your Q.

It was the technique that caused asymmetry, not the product.

Best
Dr. Karamanukian

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon