Botox chin slurred speech and crooked smile?

I got Botox in my chin to stop it from elongating when I smile. Now 3 days later I cant move my chin downwards and also my bottom lip doesnt move making my speech blurred. Is there anyway to get rid of it? Will the results be less in a few weeks or do I have to wait for 3-4 months?

Too much Botox in the chin

Botox injections in the lower face and around the mouth can cause problems with smiling, asymmetries, and other movement irregularities if done in incorrect amounts or ill placement.  Too much botox or too dilute botox could also diffuse to unwanted muscles causing ill effects.  Make sure to always see an expert injector for botox injections; it will save you in the long run.  Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done to alleviate the symptoms that you are exhibiting; make sure to continue to utilize the muscles and be patient.

New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Poor placement of Botox in chin

The injector has probably affected the DLI, depressor labii inferioris muscle. This will take at least 2-3 months to improve unfortunately. There is nothing that can be done to hurry this up.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox and Chin

It may be improper injection  or too much Botox.  Good news is that it will improve with time.  Every week should be better and mostly resolved in a few months.  

Off Label Use of Botox

It is imperative to utilize a skilled injector when having an off label treatment; of any kind.  I also question the placement of your Botox. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. The effects will gradually dissipate over the next 90-120 days.

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this.

Be well

#botoxforchin #offlabeluse #skilledinjector

Botox and Slurred Speech.

I recommend always using a skilled injector when having an off label treatment, I would question the placement of your Botox. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait. The effects will gradually dissipate over the next 90-120 days.

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this.

Be well

#botoxforchin   #offlabeluse   #skilledinjector

A little Botox can go a long way

In the first few days after a neuromodulator injection you may see some weird or overly strong reactions. Usually these smooth out as the full effect of the injections take hold (could be up to 2 weeks).  When there is a little more Botox than needed (some people are more sensitive than others) it could take a while longer for the result to be what you want.  It is usually best to under-dose and add more at 2 weeks to avoid a result that is too much.  The good news is that all will wear off and there is no long term bad result.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Interested to know whether the injector was a board certified plastic surgeon? You should not experience these results which are uncommon. 

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Depressor Labii

Misplacement of neuromodulators in the chin area when placed to lateral to the mid-line for correction of textural abnormalities due to the mentalis muscle will take out the depressor labii muscle.  Unfortunately the rule does apply as with other muscles which is 3-4 months.  

Will Richardson, MD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Effects of lower chin Botox on speech

This is predictable outcome of Botox injection in the chin area and how long it lasts is somewhat unpredictable as it may take 3-4 weeks to 3-4 months. Activate the affected muscles as much as possible to try to possibly accelerate clearing of Botox.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox on Chin and Inability to Smile

Unfortunately this will take a few months to improve.  Id suggest speaking to your physician, and going to a different injector for next treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.