How much does a bulbous nose job cost? (photo)

I am kinda conscious about my nose. It's wide and bulbous to me. The tip has no definition and it doesn't fit my face. I want to fix it to have a more natural result. How might a surgeon fix my nose. And finally, what is the price for a nose like this cost in New York. Thank you!

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty

Hi,Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip in New York can go anywhere from about 6500 to 15000. It depends  on which doctor you consult. But going to a more expensive doc doesn't necessarily mean you're getting the best surgery. Do some online research and try to look at results rather than media hype. Best,Dr.S.

How much does a bulbous nose job cost?

Greetings

The price  3500 to 5000euros. 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

How much does a bulbous nose job cost?

Tip refinement may cost $5000 to $7000 on the low end.  You may want a few other changes after discussion with your surgeon.

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty

Your tip is somewhat classic for a tip rhinoplasty in that it has a separation between the tip cartilages but overall somewhat fine structure. Repair with suture tightening and, potentially, a cartilage graft would have dramatic results. 

If entirely self pay, most nose procedures in the NYC area would cost around 9-12,000 total fee. If insurance was indicated then you might be able to reduce that cost by 50%. 

Hard tf to say more, as this is a case by case issue in terms of what is covered. 

Best of luck with your search

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost for a bulbous tip repair rhinoplasty

The bulbous tip is best addressed with suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages, and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal as well. Thick oily skin will be an impediment to seeing  a really refined  result. Thick skin will also require some cortisone shots in the first few months after the procedure to help dissipate the fluid retention that occurs in the supra-tip portion of the nose. For many examples and our price list, please see the link below to our or rhinoplasty photo gallery

Treatment of a bulbous nasal tip

Thanks for the photos.  I think substantial improvement of your nose can be obtained -- it will require surgery of course.  The limiting factors are the overall thickness of your tip skin (which cannot be changed through surgery) and the scar tissue that inevitably forms after surgery.

Most of my rhinoplasties are performed through the nostrils, so that there is no red scar across the mid-portion of the columella (the central skin between the two nostrils).  The operation is performed under sedation anesthesia in my office operating room and the entire procedure takes just a morning.  Best part is that there is no pain after surgery!!!

I would suggest a consultation for an examination and then a discussion of possible treatment options.  Call 212 570 6080 for an appointment.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
NEw York City

Costs

Without being see I can't quote you a fee. There usually is no charge for a consultation, then I could see if it is possible to make your tip smaller and you will find out what it will cost. This website does give cost approximations for surgery - but as this is New York, the cost may be greater.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD