How long to wait till a Gynecomastia revision? Will prior surgery make it harder for my new surgeon? (Photo)

So I had surgery 3months ago but I am not happy with the results. I feel as if I need more lipo to get the fat out and contour the chest better. I also think I need more gland removed as well. My question is how long would you recommend I wait for a revision? Will me having prior surgery make it harder for my new surgeon to lipo the fat out and contour? Please let me know. Thank you

When to Consider Gynecomastia Surgery Revision

The areas may after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible the indentations can be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Timing for gynecomastia surgery revision

First, it is still too early to consider a revision -- you are still in the active healing time frame, which is not the right time to go in for more surgery.  You are correct -- having one procedure makes future revision surgery more difficult and less predictable -- but certainly not impossible.  I have successflly revised hundreds of gynecomastia operations of other doctors' work.  Would definitely recommend you wait a minimum of 6 months before considering revision surgery.  

If you are still not pleased with your results, you would have two options:  return to your original surgeon and discuss possible revision with him.  Oftentimes, surgeons will revise your operation at minimal cost -- but that is individual with your particular surgeon.  Your other alternative is to seek another surgeon's opinion but be prepared to pay another full fee for the new surgeon.

Perhaps you could visit my website (below) which is devoted to revision gynecomastia surgery for further information.

Dr Jacobs

Revision for Male Breast Reduction Surgery

It can take 6 months to a year for all the swelling to resolve and the skin to contract into its final configuration. Be patient. You may or may not need a revision. Time will tell.

Wait a minimum of 6 months from the day of surgery.

To be certain, return to see your surgeon or see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Revision gynecomastia

Just examining your pictures It extremely  likely you will need more surgery to eradicate the gynecomastia.It seems that the remaining gland is still too large which is the main problem you have,you may also need additional liposuction.     

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia Reduction Revision

You can proceed with gynecomastia reduction revision any time after three months although six months would be better to have the tissues more healed and slightly less fibrous. Revisional gynecomastia surgery is a little harder due to scar but not unduly so.

Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia is a condition that is caused by increase in the gladular tissue and sometimes also fat. Based on the pictures posted, there seems to be much fat in the chest and the lateral chest that need to be contoured by liposuction. Examination can determine the amount of gladular tissue and how much breast tissue needs to be removed. previous surgery will make revision a more difficult and tricky because of scarring.