Gyno surgery post-op nipple disfiguration. How do I make them not caved / creased? (Photo)

Hi Doc! I had Lipo + Excision on my puffy nipples. I am 2 days post op. I am scared - Please look at my nipples and you will see that they are all wrinkled/creased/folded?? Do you see what I am talking about in the picture? I am very happy that they are not big puffy nipples anymore, but they are like indented / caved in I think.. I have wanted these puffy nipples gone for the past 7 years but how do I make them not caved / creased? kind of pull them out a lil bit.. Thanks!!!

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Results for Male Breast Reduction 2 Days after Surgery

Thank you for your question and including pictures.

It can take 6 months to a year for all the swelling to resolve and the skin to contract into its final configuration. Be patient. You only had surgery 2 days ago in the pictures. You shouldn't even be looking at the results at this point. Healing has scarcely begun.

For this and other questions, return to see you surgeon.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Indentations

Thank you for the photos but you are very early post op and the appearance of your areola will more then likely change with time so be patient.  Tha said if you are still unhappy there are grafting procedures of fat or dermis that can be done to improve their appearance.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD