Septal perforation can it be fixed?

I want to start off saying that I had an deviated septum surgery about 4 years ago. I have a septal perforation on the right side of my nose. It has become big to the point that my right cheek looks a bit flat and the tip of my nose has changed shape. I am having difficulty breathing, dry nose, congestion, pain from time to time, and numbness mostly head area. I am not sure what to do at this point.

Septal perforation

Septal perforations can be repaired. I actually co-authored the e-medicine/medscape article on how to do this (see link below). You should be seen by an ENT/Facial plastic surgeon who has experience with this problem. Best of luck from Manhattan.

Septal perforation

Some of the symptoms you list, such as flattening of the cheek and numbness, are not typical symptoms of a septal perforation.  Also, a perforation by nature goes all the way through the septum, so there would be no right and left.  You would need to be examined by a specialist in repairing septal perforations to see what is going on and what can be done.  

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon