Can I hang upside down on my inversion table?

I am 4 weeks post op from breast implant surgery. I have severe lower back pain and need to hang.

When in doubt ask your surgeon

If you are healing without problems I suspect your surgeon would allow you to do this. However it is always best to ask your surgeon what is best management as everyone heals on a different time line.

Inversion table

By about 4 weeks I allow patients to perform light aerobic activity.  You  might want to ask you surgeon what his preference is.

Hanging upside down

After 4 weeks it is okay to use an inversion table.  If you become uncomfortable it would be best to limit the time and build up gradually.  Also you should wear a bra when doing this.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon