Do the Breast Implants drop more after one or two years?

I got breast augmentation about 8 month ago but I feel the implants are abit big for my body and they are still too high that means they are not natural,what can I do to drop them?

Dropping after several years.

The aging process and droop of the breast with age will continue no matter what.  It's possible that "dropping" could occur after several years but rather than a malposition of the implant it might represent natural aging of the breast.  I'd talk to your surgeon about your concerns.  You might need a lift.  Look at your folds under the breast if the dropping is causing one fold to be a lot lower than the other then a true malposition and dropping is occurring and should be addressed.  Best wishes!!!

Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Implants not fallen enough

Thanks for your inquiry, but without pictures it is hard to advise.  Causes for high implants include your own anatomy, capsular contracture, and implant malposition.  Ask your surgeon if massage or a bandeau may still have a role--but eight month is pretty far along to expect much more change.  

Thank you for your question. It is unlikely at this stage they are going to change or drop. Please see your PS for evaluation and different options.

Thank you for your question.  At 8 months after breast augmentation I would not expect much change in the appearance of your breast implants and doubt that they will drop further. Please see your plastic surgeon for an examination and discuss potential options to drop the implants to a more satisfactory position.

Will implants drop more?

After breast augmentation it does take time for the implants to "drop" into a more natural position when placed submuscular.  They usually are in place by 3 months.  It can take 6 months to get to your final result as the tissues will continue to relax up to this point and implants can adjust in location a little between 3-6 months.  By 8 months there is not a lot to do to help them settle down or have a lower position because the scar has formed around the implant holding it in place.  Surgery can be done to bring them into a lower position.  They are not going to change in size at 8 months.  Life and gravity will affect them over the next 5-10 years causing some descent of breast tissue or implants but this is a gradual change and some women are affected by gravity more than others.

Do the Breast Implants drop more after one or two years

Already being 8 months post op I would not expect your implants to change much more at all. Most "dropping" occurs within the first several weeks to 3 months. I would suggest following up with your surgeon to discuss your options. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Drop

By eight months, you have healed and will probably not see much change in your implants. If you have any concerns, please visit your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Do implants drop?

Thank you for your question.  At 8 months, you are unlikely to see much more of a change in implant position.  It is not uncommon for submuscular implants to ride a little high immediately after surgery, but they typically will fall by 2-3 months.  After this time, the scar sac (capsule) is pretty well formed and there is not much you can do on your own to drop them.  You may require a revision surgery to release the scar capsule to help lower them.  Best to check with your surgeon.  Good luck. 

Will implants drop more over time?

This is a hard question to answer without seeing you.  Most of the time the change in appearance implants and breasts undergo shortly after breast augmentation is due the resolution of the swelling and tightness of the pectorals muscle and skin envelope.  People often refer to this resolution of swelling as the implants "dropping" because they do appear to drop and the breasts get a more natural appearance.  Most of this change occurs in the first 6 months although you may have changes up to one year out.  I have found women who have had children tend to drop more quickly then women in their early 20's without children simply because the former tend to start with slightly looser skin.  I would need to see you to tell you whether or not you will eventually get an acceptable appearance.  I hope you obtain the look you were hoping for.