When I will be able to soak in a bath? I am now 5 weeks after Breast augmentation surgery. (photo)

390 gel implants under the muscle. I still have some plasters covering my incisions and I wonder when I will be able to sit in a bath? Huge thank you to you all for support!

When I will be able to soak in a bath? I am now 5 weeks after Breast augmentation surgery.

I think the key is making sure your incisions are fully healed prior to getting in a tub or pool. Best to ask your operating surgeon if you still aren't sure. Good luck!

Make Sure Incisions Have Healed First

Soaking in a nice warm bath is something that many patients want to do soon after getting breast augmentation, but it's important to wait until the incisions are completely healed beforehand. It's essential to seek out follow your plastic surgeon's instructions, even on everyday questions like this. If you're unsure at all about your recovery, get in touch with your plastic surgeon's office to have your specific questions answered.

Wait for Incisions to Heal

Thanks for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! It's best to wait for the incisions to be completely healed before submerging in a bath for a long period of time. Good luck on your healing process and congratulations again!

Able to bathe

Your should be well healed by now and I would just check with your surgeon before swimming or bathing. Can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to.

James Murphy, FRCS(Plast)
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

When can I soak in a tub after breast augmentation

I allow my patients to soak or swim after the incision is fully healed. This is usually by 2 weeks.  I would recommend you discuss with your operating surgeon and get their recommendation.

Bathing Post Op

It would be best to ask your Plastic Surgeon this question. Typically my patients have their steri strips removed 2-3 weeks post op and I allow bathing and swimming at two weeks. Your Plastic Surgeon will be able to clear you for those activities.

All the best

Bathing After Breast Augmentation #breastaugmentation

• I usually recommend that my breast augmentation patients wait 2 weeks before bathing or swimming.
  • You should be just fine bathing at this point.  Certainly, you may double check with your plastic surgeon.

Soaking after breast augmentation

While every surgeon is different, I typically would allow a patient to soak in a bathtub at about 3 weeks after breast augmentation.  I would recommend contacting your surgeon's office, and follow his or her instructions expressly.  Best wishes.

Jeffrey Ridha, MD
Saratoga Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants - can I tub soak at 5 weeks?

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

If you were my patient, I'd let you soak in the tub now./
Every surgeon has a different protocol, so please contact your own surgeon for permission.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Bathe

Most women can bathe after four weeks. However, I would suggest calling your doctor's office and asking when you may bathe and when you can remove your strips.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon