How can i get rid of rings around my neck (horizontal neck lines)? (photo)

I have fairly prominent neck lines (neck rings) which are unfortunately hereditary from my mom's side of the family. Since i hit thirty, they've become more prominent. Is there a solution for these? I am thinking some type of fillers or hyrulonic acid injections. Any suggestions would be great. thanks!

Necklift, Teosyal , RESTYLANE, Juvederm , Dr. Adibfar , Plastic Surgeon Toronto

Hello ;

It seems like you have good skin thickness and texture.

The ideal treatment for the neckline would be a series of 2-3 of Teosyal Redensity 1 ( non cross linked Hyaluronic Acid) which should hydrate your skin in those areas and blunt away the deep lines. A laser resurfacing with Fraxel would also add to your final results.

Best wishes

Neck line treatment

In my experience, the only thing that will help these lines is a neuromodulator such as Dysport or Botox. Fillers can also help ..There are several choices but initially I would try a hylaform type filler . Most likely these lines will become more prominent in your late 40s or 50s and then a neck lift surgery would be helpful. I would not recommend surgery at this time. I don't think that a laser will help these lines . Any laser that would reduce them would have to go quite deep ( into the dermis) and the neck skin is not amenable to this type of lasering.

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift will release the tethered skin

I think that the skin is tethered along the line causing deep folds. A permanent solution would be a neck lift in which the skin is extensively released from the muscles on the neck. Need to examine you to be sure.

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Neck lines options

Hello.  Without an in office exam, it's a bit difficult to give you definitive recommendations.  I think a non permanent filler like hyaluronic acid may work to camouflage the horizontal lines, but you will likely require multiple syringes, which can get expensive.  Conservative laser resurfacing won't erase the lines, but may make the lines a little less prominent.  Remember that we can't be as aggressive with laser resurfacing in the neck when compared to the face.  Finally, surgery is always a definitive option and achieve the most improvement.  However, at age 30, this may be a bit too aggressive to consider now.  I recommend you find a board certified facial plastic or plastic surgeon for an in office consultation and discussion of reasonable options.  Best of luck!

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Horizontal Neck Lines

You are right.  These lines tend to be a family trait and can develop early in some individuals.  The best non-surgical route is using a filler.  Fillers will not eliminate the lines but will certainly help.  I prefer the long-term filler Bellafill since it is a soft and natural filler that will not absorb.  Botox will help as well but a lot is needed and it must be repeated so it is not a very good value. 

Surgically, a neck left lift works very well.  It is not as invasive as many think as the down time is only about 4 to 7 days and short scars can be used to minimize the invasiveness.  It can also be done with local anesthesia or twilight anesthesia.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for Neck lines

Horizontal neck lines can be hereditary and are difficult to completely improve.  They will always be there even with fillers and botox/dysport therapy but if you are looking to improve them a combination of botox/dysport/xeomin and a filler may help some.  We use a combination of a hyaluronic acid and dilute form of Sculptra to tighten the neck along with dysport to maximize the appearance of these lines but they will still be seen.  I hope that helps. 

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Horizontal neck lines

I would not recommend any surgical procedure for you at this time. Non surgical treatment like Ultherapy and botox can help you for a few year till you get a neck lift.

Kevin Sadati, DO

How can i get rid of rings around my neck (horizontal neck lines)?

I would not recommend anything at this time.  HA fillers can be used if these really bother you.

Belotero tends to be the best filler or treatment for horizontal neck creases.

Botox doesn't really do much for horizontal neck creases but belotero is a great filler for these lines and lasts about 6 months at a cost of $550/syringe. Usually takes 2-3 syringes. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Neck lines

To improve the appearance of these lines I would consider laser resurfacing, chemical peels, Botox, and then lastly, filers. Best of luck.