Will Medicaid cover breast augmentation?

Will Medicaid cover breast augmentation? After breastfeeding my breasts became very deformed And my nipple are so painful and I have constant pains in my breasts

Medicaid and Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately, Medicaid and any other insurance company does not cover any costs towards a cosmetic breast augmentation.

If you would like additional information regarding breast augmentation, you can download your free copy of my Breast Augmentation Planner at ABetterBreast.com.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Medicaid and breast augmentation

No, unfortunately Medicaid is designed for coverage of medically necessary surgery.  No insurance will see breastfeeding as a deformity that requires reconstructive surgery.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Medicaid and breast augmentation ?

No....neither  does any other insurance  company that I am aware.  See your GYN  doctor  to examine your breasts. Nipple pain is  abnormal and the cause should be  determined.

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation is a cosmetic procedure therefore  not medically necessary.  Medicaid will not cover cosmetic procedures.  Breast Augmentation will not alleviate the breast pain you are experiencing. You may want to speak with your primary care physician regarding your pain.

All the best to you.   

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Medicaid

Medicaid will not cover breast augmentation nor any other aesthetic procedure. Furthermore it is most unlikely that implants will resolve the pain symptoms you are experiencing. A visit to your primary MD for evaluation is the next step.

All the best. 

Surgery

breast augmentation is a purely elective medical procedure and is not and should not be covered by medicaid

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Medicaid will not cover breast augmentation.

Breast augmentation is an elective aesthetic procedure. Medicaid does not and should not cover the operation.

The best place to start is with your primary care physician. Your physician need to find out why your breasts are deformed and so painful ( mastodynia). I don't believe any plastic surgeon would augment a breast that is already painful as the surgery may worsen the pain.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Breast Augmentation

In Dominican Republic insurance do not cover expenses for aesthetic surgeries. You can go to a plastic surgeon near you for better orientations.

Aramis Vega, MD

Insurance covering cost of breast augmentation

you should consult with your primary doctor or GYN regarding your breast pain. And insurance will not cover the cost of breast implants for cosmetic concerns after breastfeeding.

Andrew Elkwood, MD, FACS
Red Bank Plastic Surgeon