Uneven jawline: one side is bigger.

From the picture you can see that one side of mandible is bigger and other is smaller which gives me lower face asymmetry. It seems as a part of the bone is missing. I wonder if and how it can be fixed. Is it possible to add implant ? What would be the best treatment? Thank you much for your time and good will to help.

Lower facial asymmetry

Sometimes x-rays can be angled a bit and will show an asymmetry that is not significant. I would prefer to see how you look in photos rather than just an x-ray. If you look good from the outside, then I would suggest leaving the mandibular size discrepancy alone. However, if you have external asymmetry that bothers you, you could try fillers as the first option. They are an office procedure with virtually no recovery and it would be a good way to "try on" the effect on your face. A more permanent solution would be an implant, only on the side with the deficit. But remember, we are not treating the x-ray, we are treating you. 

*Opinions stated here are only opinions. They are not based on a clinical exam, which is recommended. 

Bone vs soft tissue asymmetry

Without clinical evaluation or a set of photos it would be difficult to give you  good advice. Very frequently bone asymmetry is compensated with soft tissue so that "deformity" may not be visible in real time. Series of full photos or better, clinical evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon would help. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Jawline Asymmetry

The best approach for an uneven jawline, provided one likes the longer side, is a custom made implant to lower the higher (shorter) side. That is made from a 3D CT scan and is usually placed through an intraoral approach.

Uneven jawline: one side is bigger.

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures over the past 30 years using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek implants, chin implants), liposuction and/or facelifts.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  While a dermal filler can be used to precisely add volume to the smaller section of the mandible, symmetry by itself isn't the goal when looking to make the face more masculine (angular) or feminine (heart-shaped).

Hope this helps.