How soon can you Hoover after breast augmentation? I've gone under the muscle and I'm 3 weeks post op.

How soon can you Hoover

I hope this question refers to when one can vacuum clean. I am afraid at times that there may be a slang word meaning something else. In general, one could utilize a vacuum cleaner at two or three weeks postoperative if one is careful. Often I advise my patients keep their elbows close to their chest performing an activity like this. It is always best to check with your surgeon.

y all means ask your surgeon and follow his/her advice. In my practice three weeks is usually adequate recovery tim to Hoover.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Activity?

Thank you for your question. Most patients are cleared to exercise by 6 weeks following breast augmentation. You may return to walking and light lifting sooner, but would not perform any strenuous activity without clearance from your surgeon. It is best to have an in-person follow up examination for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing at this time. Good luck with your recovery.

How soon can you Hoover after breast augmentation?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific occupation/activities. He/she knows exactly what was done, how you are progressing (every patient has a different experience after breast surgery), whether or not you have experienced any complications or setbacks, and exactly what type of activities you wish to return to.
On average, I ask patients to take off 5 days to 1 week after breast augmentation surgery (desk job). For some professions, I may suggest a going back to work with a lighter workload. Ideally, I ask patients not to lift anything heavy or do things (like pulling/pushing) that contract the pectoralis musle for at least 3 weeks. Patients are able to return to running and heavier lifting 4 to 6 weeks after surgery.  I ask my patients to stay away from "pectorals major" activity such as push-ups and bench press for several months.

Ultimately, it will be important for you to “listen to your body”, apply common sense, and return to activities/exercises in a gradual fashion. Best wishes.

Hoover? Housework?

My general answer is no cleaning, cooking, or housework for one month post-op.  And I have given doctors notes to support this.
Seriously - take it easy post op so that you recover safely and well.  Best of luck.

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocols for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.In my practice, I recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 6-8 weeks for my patients. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Most surgeons will have specific instructions for their preferences on post op care,  Best to ask your surgeon for their recommendations.  In my practice I let my patients engage in normal activity right away and cardio activity at three weeks.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon