Do I have gynecomastia? (Photo)

I think i have gyno but i am not pretty sure because my body fat % is 23. I want to become fitness model and I want to get surgery but i am scared that after surgery my chest is not going to develop or look good

Doctor Answers 12


If your breast enlargement is not responding to diet or exercise it is likely   gynecomastia, but the only way to confirm this is through physical examination which evaluates fatty tissue. It is best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon for an exam and to discuss your options 

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 110 reviews

Gynaecomastia treatment

Although your body fat is relatively low, you may still have excess fat accumulation in your chest that is contributing to your appearance. However, you’ll have to have an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out. Your chest may be affected by excess fat, breast tissue and/or loose skin which can all contribute to gynaecomastia.

Leila Kasrai, MD, FRCSC
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 66 reviews


From your pictures it does appear that you have male breast tissue or gynecomastia.  Before rushing into surgery an evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help determine if there are medications or social habits (habitual marijuana use) that could be contributing to this.  In addition, your plastic surgeon will review the history of this problem and make sure that there are not other diagnosis that must be considered.  Even if you undergo surgery there is no way to guarantee that you will become a fitness model.  Only consider surgery if this is an aesthetic concern to you, don't have surgery with the hopes that it will further your career.  Best of luck.

Jacob Bloom, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Do I have gynecomastia? (Photo)

Hi Paras,
you do have gynaecomastia. you will get great results with liposuction and gland excision.
consult a good plastic surgeon and get your self corrected
best of luck

Karthik Ram, MRCS, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 54 reviews


Thank you for your question and photos.  Without a physical evaluation in person, it is very difficult to say whether or not you have glandular tissue that needs to be excised.  Please be seen in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon who will be able to determine what would be the best course of action for you.

All the best,

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 92 reviews

You are a good candidate for gynecomstia surgery,just chose the right surgon

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully. The decision is yours.
Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

Gynecomastia(Man Boobs, Moobs)

Yes. You appear to have Gynecomastia. 
I would start with a strict regimen of eating properly and exercising to get your BMI under 30. If the breasts persist and yiu have no explicable cause for it after visiting an Endocrinologist I would then visit a Plastic surgeon to see how it can best be corrected.
Depending on the size of the breasts and their contents they could be deflated and flattened with liposuction and removal of the gland tissue in the breasts. It is a commonly done procedure. 

Good Luck
Peter Aldea MD 

Peter A. Aldea, MD
Memphis Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 109 reviews


You have prominent breasts, this could be fat, breast tissue or a combination of the two -- you need to be seen and examined to know what would be best for you.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Do I have gynecomastia?

It does appear as though you might have gynecomastia but without a physical exam there is no way to know. Get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to be examined. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 31 reviews


I kind of lump it together with fat in the chest although technically it really means glandular tissue in the chest. If it is mainly fat, then liposuction may help, but it will not shrink wrap back the skin.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.