Do excessive masturbation cause hair loss? If yes can we regrow hair? How much time will it take? (Photo)

I need help am 18 i am lossing my hair

Masturbation does not cause hair loss. Genetic male pattern balding is the most common cause of hair loss in men.

Masturbation does not cause hair loss.  Genetic male pattern balding is the most common cause of hair loss in men.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Do excessive masturbation cause hair loss

no , excessive masturbation will not cause hair loss at all. but ıf you have a genetic hair loss , it may coincidence .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Masturbation and hair loss

Neither sex nor masturbation causes balding. Men's testicles make testosterone and this is metabolized into DHT, a male hormone 40 times as powerful as testosterone. When a person has genes for balding, the hormone DHT works with the gene to cause balding. The body makes an enzyme that allows for the manufacture of DHT and this enzyme can be blocked with the drug finasteride to often stop and possibly slow down the balding process because this DHT hormone production drops.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon