Are Toppik hair fibers safe to use regularly? Could they worsen scarring alopecias in a 45 year old woman with FFA and LPP?

Are the cosmetic hair loss camouflage Toppik hair fibers (keratin protein derived from wool) safe to use regularly? Could they irritate and stimulate scarring alopecias like FFA and LPP? One of the preservative ingredients listed on the packaging is ammonium chloride. Thank you for your advice.

Toppik for FFA and LPP: Are they safe?

Toppik is very safe and won't worsen FFA and LPP.  I've had many patients over the years use these products and never once considered an issue. 

Toppik and hair fibers are safe to use. It will not worsen your hair loss. It will not worsen scarring alopecia.

Toppik and hair fibers are safe to use.  It will not worsen your hair loss. It will not worsen scarring alopecia.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Toppik is safe

Toppik is safe to use and I don't see it causing any further issues with scarring Alopecia like FFA and LPP. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Use of concealers for various forms of alopecia

Toppik is fine to use for these condition, but scalp micropigmentation is a permanent cosmetic solution for the problem, see below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon