Implant removal only? Or implant removal & lift? I want to remove my 4 year old 425cc silicone implants (Photos)

I always had a chest:32D-32DD in HS. I lost baby 5 mo. preg. at 24 yrs old and my hormones went haywire. After I stopped lactating from pregnancy, I shrunk to 32B & became depressed from losing baby & because my boobs deflated. Over emotional & having judgmental BF at time, I went for BA in 2012 - 425cc sil. Mentor HP implants. 1 yr later diagnosed with Crohns, in & out of hospital, want to get healthy. Not sure if I should have my implants out, or have a lift also? Want to be a 32C

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - want to remove my 4 year old implants

I'm sorry for everything you've gone through, and are going through.
However, it's not at all clear that your implants are having any effect at all on your overall health.  Removing them, therefore, will not necessarily improve your health.
You appear to have a nice result.  Are you otherwise happy with them?  If you remove your implants you may be less happy with your appearance than you are now, and that can wind up being yet another problem.  With all you've been through, it doesn't seem like that's a good approach.
So - if you're otherwise happy with your implants and the appearance of your chest, I would probably advise leaving them alone.  Removing them will leave you with some excess skin, the scars of a lift, or both.
You should of course be assessed in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon, and have your care coordinated with your medical doctors.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

Breast implants do not affect the bowel

You look amazing. It sounds like Crohn's disease? has got you in a funk. Recent studies have confirmed yogurt with a fresh banana maybe helpful for promoting normal bowel bacteria. So the adage an apple a day will keep the doctor away is changing to a banana a day with fresh yogurt  a day may do the trick. Implant removal will not fix your bowel problem. Feel better. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Depending upon the amount of skin laxity after explantation, a lift may be warranted. Seek a specialist in your area for advice

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options--removal, exchange for smaller implants, and possible lift. If you just remove your implants, you will probably need a lift to deal with the excess skin. Sometimes, you can choose to go with smaller implants and have an internal lift done. All your options can be discussed after the surgeon examines you and sees how much tissue you have.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon