Would a botox brow lift correct my pictured asymmetry? (Photo)

I am not sure if my right eye has always drooped this much compared to my left and/or has always had such a heavy hooded lid- but I suspect it was a fairly recent development - perhaps it came with age.. I did however know that my brows very asymmetrical. I want even/symmetrical eyes - but ideally without having to undergo surgery.. is that achievable?

Botox brow lift

Dear Katherine321,

Thank you for your clinical post. The left eyebrow is higher than the right and the distance between your eyelashes on the upper lid and the fold above is bigger. The right sided eye appears smaller because the brow is lower and the distance between the lash line and the fold is less and there is more overhanging fleshy tissue.

You have several options to enhance your appearance and symmetry and the first would be the non-surgical option such as a little bit of Botox brow balancing to drop the left side, possibly elevate the right side. Some soft tissue fillers under the right brow would also help elevate the appearance of the eyebrow and a small amount of injectable soft tissue filler like Juvederm in the left eyelid above the fold can give a little bit more of a fuller eyelid appearance.

Obviously, surgical improvement would give the longest term result with elevation of the right brow and right upper lid blepharoplasty would help create more balance. This, however, requires surgery and prolonged recovery and may not be something you’re looking for at this young age.

I hope this information is of some assistance and best of luck.

To find out more or schedule a consultation, please visit the link below. Also visit the areas on Botox and blepharoplasty.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

Botox brow lift for asymmetrical eyebrows.

Thank you for including photographs. Unfortunately, the photos show a very limited field and limit the ability to evaluate the relationship of the eyebrows and eyelids, and the opening of the eye itself. You could look at a close-up photo of your face, such as a high school yearbook photo to see what your eyes looked like then and what's changed since. Botox as well as fillers, alone or together, can be used to elevate an eyebrow. Some asymmetry is normal and very common. Usually, minor asymmetry has no impact on facial esthetics and does not necessarily need to be corrected. Sometimes, minor asymmetries are difficult to correct. Simple maneuvers such as changing how the brows are shaped by plucking can also help. I recommend starting with a consultation with a board-certified dermatologic surgeon experienced in esthetic treatments with a wide range of options. All the best!

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox would not help with your photic left lid, but it would help elevate your right brow to be more symmetrical with your left (which appears to be 1-2mm higher, likely to compensate for your photic lid). The only way to know for sure is to book a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you to see what your options are. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Eyebrow Asymmetry -- this can be improved with botox

i suggest a formal consultation, botox and fillers can give improvement without surgery.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Asymmertry

It is very common to have facial asymmetry and a difference in muscle movement on each side of the face. If this is something that bothers you, it may be helpful to discuss subtle options for injectable treatment, (Botox or Dysport for example.) with a skilled injector, and then decide if that's the right option for you.

All the best.

Nonsurgical Browlifts Combining BOTH Botox & Volumizing Filler May Help To Balance Eyebrow Asymmetry

From the photo, it appears that you may benefit from the combined use of a microdroplet of Botox (or its relatives Dysport and Xeomin) injected into the tail of the right brow--in order to achieve some lift and restore somewhat the upward and outward flare of the outer-two thirds of the eyebrow.

The use of a volumizing filler--some place above the lateral portion of the brow, as well as immediately below it, can also help to provide lift and support.

Although this combination approach, which should only be performed by an expert injector (since these are very advanced injection techniques) is unlikely to correct the asymmetry entirely, it may just provide sufficient, gratifying balance.

Make sure that the person you consult with for treatment is a board certified aesthetic physician and be sure to ask to see his/her before and after photos of nonsurgical browlifts.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Botox brow lift

You can get a little lift with drop of botox/xeomin/dysport and might even get some improvement with a small amount of filler under brow. Change will be small but might make you happy if not expecting something huge 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox to Correct Facial Asymmetry

I often correct facial asymmetry with Botox, particularly in the forehead area.  This is an advanced Botox technique and it i best to consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Brows

katherine321, asymmetry such as yours can be helped with Botox but probably not as much as you would like. No harm in trying but just be realistic. Brow surgery done properly would work much better. See  link. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

Hi Katherine 321,

Surgery is not necessary. Botox would be a great option to lift the brow. Only a small amount is needed to achieve results. It is unlikely that you will have 100% symmetry but it should be much closer. I recommend having the treatment done by a board certified dermatologist. Take care.

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon