What to do about fat pouch under my chin? (photos)

I had neurolept smartlipo already but I find there is this weird fat pad that has been there ever since the surgery and it really bothers me. I've asked a few surgeons about it, not really looking to get it fixed at the time since I was going for other procedures but so far I've been recommended more lipo, turned away from neck lift due to my younger age and thermage. I've read lots of poor reviews on thermage and I've also been told I don't need more lipo or belkyra. Any suggestions?

Kybella for treating the double chin

I would recommend Kybella, an injectable fat dissolver that can minimize the appearance of a double chin. Approximately 3 treatments are necessary for maximum result, spaced 4 – 6 weeks apart. If you are looking for more of an immediate result, micro-liposuction to this area can be another reasonable minimally invasive surgical option.Hope this helps and best of luck. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consider Kybella

Kybella is a fat dissolving agent marketed by Allergan, and approved by the FDA to dissolve under the chin fat.

What to do about fat pouch under my chin?

Hi, a non smiling true profile view would be helpful in the evaluation as I suspect, from these photos, that your chin is weak. I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is weak. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. Excess fat and/or skin can be removed from under the chin at the same time using the same incision. 

Hope this helps.

Neck lift for neck rejuvenation

A full set of photographs and an in-person examination are required to determine what is causing the bulge in the lower neck. Most patients have accumulation of fatty deposits above AND below the platysma muscle which requires surgery to remove. A platysma plasty is also required to accentuate the jawline. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Fat pouch under chin

I think that your best option is an open procedure through a small submental incision, there may be some subplatysmal fat that is easy to remove and more cervical liposuction can be performed if deemed necessary. Non invasive treatments like Cool Sculpting and Belkyra may be effective, but they can be expensive and there is no guarantee they'll help. Good luck.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of fat pouch under chin

There are a few treatment options to try and improve the fat pouch under your chin.  As you mentioned, one option would be more liposuction.  Other options would be Kybella and CoolSculpting.  Kybella is a medication that is injected to dissolve the fat and CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure that kills the fat by freezing it.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon