Do chin lipo results last? (Photo)

I am researching to get a chin liposuction because my face can never seem to lose weight. It makes me self conscience, I know I might need a lot taken out so I can have a sharp profile and defined jaw line instead of mush. I was wondering how long do results last as long as you take care of yourself? Is it actually removing fat from that area ?

Chin lipo and long term results

Thanks for sharing. Chin liposuction is a permanent change to the neck. Chin lipo involves removing fat permanently. There are some varying techniques.  I have a patient who is 8.5 months pregnant and she had chin lipo shortly before getting pregnant and her neck still looks fantastic despite being at her full pregnancy weight.  It is unlikely she would ever gain this amount of weight without pregnancy and it shows me that the lipo results even with weight gain.  Liposuction will have long lasting results.

Chin / Neck Liposuction

Chin / Neck liposuction is one of the most popular liposuction procedures done. Fat is removed and that is part of the reason for the improvement but in addition the skin will re-drape and contour to the new shape. I have personally performed hundreds of these and can attest that with correct patient selection, the results are essentially permanent. When your doctor examines you he/she will be able to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure, but based on the photo you submitted I would guess that you should anticipate excellent, permanent results with this safe simple procedure.

Ralph Massey, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologist

SmartLipo offers great results for neck/chin area

Thank you for this wonderful question! Smart liposuction to the neck and chin area offers a beautiful result providing definition and contouring along the jawline and chin/neck area. With SmartLipo the fat cells are permanently removed which, through maintaining weight stability through a healthy diet and lifestyle, the results are able to last. Another benefit with this type of procedure allows for the tightening of the skin throughout the area treated. With the benefits of this type of procedure it is important to understand that every patient is different as well as every result. I am very careful to always discuss with my patients the need for stable weight prior to the procedure as well as the continuation of weight stability to follow. I encourage you to seek a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon where you will be able to have a thorough examination and a treatment plan presented that will best fit your aspirations. I do hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck! 

Ronald Downs, MD, FACS
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Liposuction permanently removes fat and is an efficacious treatment for the area you are concerned about. Maintaining weight will help offer long term results. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy.

Dr. Leonard Lu

Leonard Lu, MD

Chin liposuction

You will have some permanent changes with chin/neck liposuction.  Actual fat is removed with the procedure.  Most patients will have skin contraction afterward that will improve the chin/neck contour.  In some patients with excess fat or poor skin quality, skin excision or lift may be needed for skin contouring.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin lipo

Liposuction under the chin is one option for a more or less permanent result.  The recovery can be prolonged with firmness of the tissues.  Kybella injections work well and the Coolsculpt Mini designed for this area are worth considering for a less invasive approach

Liposuction lasts

Fat removed from liposuction does not return.
So it will provide long lasting results.
Kybella, an injection will also destroy the fat but will take multiple treatments to achieve an optimal result in a case such as yours.
Lipo seems better as is a one time procedure under local anesthesia.
Dr. Denkler

Neck contouring by liposuction

As my colleagues have suggested, liposuction of the neck can be very effective removing fat deposits from beneath the skin, improving a patient's profile and jawline definition.  With maintenance of weight, the result can often be quite stable long term.  Even with some weight gain, there are fewer adipocytes (fat cells) under the chin, so fat accumulation at the site would likely be more limited.  I would encourage a consultation with Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a thorough assessment of your candidacy.  Good luck!

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Fat under the chin

Experience of over 30 years has shown that that the fat removed by liposuction doesn't return. The surgeon should leave a normal thickness of fat so the neck skin willl not look  skeletonized. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction candidate

It is important to be at your ideal body weight, and then consider removal of diet resistant fatty deposits in the neck. There are two fatty deposits in the neck, above and below the platysma muscle. In our practice when both  are present,  we perform a neck lift. The neck lift involves removal of fatty deposits above and below the platysma muscle and the platysma plasty. There is no skin removal required. For more information and many examples, please see link and the video below