Stiffness and pain in the morning. I am 5 days post-op

I am 5day post op. Got the procedure done on my lower body - hips, thighs etc. Morning when I try to wake up, there is a lot of stiffness and pain (skin peeling feeling). It gets quite difficult to go to the loo. This gets better as I have tea, walk around a bit n as the day progresses. Mornings are horrible. It is slightly cold as well, not sure if this also has added up to the pain. Plz advise.

Stiffness and pain in morning five days after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

What you describe can be quite normal after an extensive liposuction. Cold weather tends to make any muscle and surgical pain worse. Ask your surgeon about stretches that you can do to loosen up the tissues. I assume you are wearing compression garments for support.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon