Would lipo under the buttocks make it look bigger?

I'm naturally pear shaped and have big thighs and butt, however I want my butt to really stick out and looks bigger, right now it blends in with my legs which I don't like. Could I have lipo in the back of my legs right under the buttocks, would that help me achieve my goal .

Yes it can.  However, it needs to be done in select patients with the right anatomy and somewhat conservatively.

Liposuction under the buttocks

I would not recommend Liposuction under the buttocks because that area supports the buttocks and you most likely would be unhappy with how the buttocks would look after. Best of Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

I explain to my patients who need liposuction of the "saddlebag" area that contouring of this region makes the butt more shapely with better contour.  It will not necessarily make your butt see more prominent, but it makes the thighs look slimmer and longer separating them from the backside.  Most patients who undergo the procedure are delighted with the transformation.  Meet with a ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Wants buttock definition

Thank you for asking about your buttock enlargement with liposuction.

• Unfortunately liposuction under the buttocks is likely to make them sag.
  • Liposuction above and on the sides may make them look larger.
  • Fat from liposuction can be injected into the buttocks to make them larger although results are unpredictable.
  • Soft solid silicone buttock implants are the only predictable way to make the buttocks actually larger.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Butt lift

Hi - it is difficult to say without seeing any photographs but in general liposuction under the buttock crease is best avoided as it can give you a double fold.  The best way to increase your butt is to liposuction the waist and re-inject the fat into the buttocks to both increase the buttock size and narrow the waist.

Buttock contouring

In order to accentuate the buttocks, I use a unique buttocks contouring technique by performing liposculpture of the surrounding areas, specifically the waist, hips, and thighs. This approach allows me to reshape the buttocks and highlight your natural curves without necessarily making the butt larger itself. The end result will allow your butt to become more defined and appear larger.

Brett E. Stompro, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon