What can be done to fix my "double-butt" 5 months post liposuction? (Photos)

Got lipo suction to the thighs about 5 months ago. I am happy with my result from the front but from the back it does not look good, I have a crease below my butt and I won't even wear shorts because of the way it looks I was wondering what could be done surgically to fix this? I workout very often and eat healthy and nothing has helped these lumps. Also I have numbness to my entire front of my legs and sharp nerve pain is this normal?

5 months after liposuction

You bring up a few points that are all worth a visit to your Plastic Surgeon. The pictures are coming across dark so I can't tell for sure but understand your questions. Your swelling should just about be complete so you've waited a nice amount of time. The banana roll sometimes needs a touch up with liposuction or might need a little fat grafting. 5 months after surgery to have numbness and sharp pains alone is worth checking in with your doctor about. Best of Luck. 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

What can be done to fix my "double-butt" 5 months post liposuction?

At five months you have probably resolved most if not all the swelling in that area.  When the banana roll and lower buttocks/thigh area is expanded by volumes of fat it is difficult to predict crease lines that may form after liposuction due to a lack of skin elasticity.  To be honest this is a difficult area to treat but may be subtly improved by additional superficial liposuction of that area.  I think the improvement that you otherwise achieved is quite impressive however. I would however wait at least another month before taking any action.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Crease below the buttock after liposuction

I suspect most swelling is gone at 5 months. The crease may require further surgery (? fat grafting or other).  Start by reviewing possibilities with your own plastic surgeon and also seek a second opinion. Best wishes.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Banana Roll

The banana roll is what I believe you are questioning and it is possible that since you are only 5 months post-op, you still might have some residual swelling that can be distorting your results.  It is also possible that you might require some additional liposuction of this area or potentially a fat grafting procedure to provide for a smoother contour.  In either case, I do believe that following up for an evaluation with your operating surgeon is a great starting point as it would allow you to best address your concerns, evaluate the numbness and discomfort that you have been experiencing, and should help to elucidate how you are progressing and what the next steps are.  

I hope you find this helpful and I wish you the best!

Groove in banana roll

A groove in the banana roll may be related to swelling or may be permanent. If it is permanent, sometimes fat grafting can help.  Best of luck.

Still Could Be Swelling--Add Coolsculpting/Vanquish, Exilis Ultra, Venus Legacy

I recommend getting a formal evaluation to determine cause for your numbness and nerve pain. You could still have some swelling, which can take up to 6 months to resolve. I recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite.  you may need fat transfer / hi def procedure for improvement.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer