1 year after Liposuction, mons pubis area is bumpy, is there something for lifting that area? (photos)

So a year ago I got liposuction on my stomach and mons and I'm still left with a significant amount of fat, that's extremely embarrassing. If that didn't work what should I do to eradicate the fat? Also it looks like my stomach and mons area are bumpy. I haven't had kids so I would rather not get a full tummy tuck, is there something for just lifting the mons area and removing MORE fat? Should I try a different surgeon? You can see more pics in my profile from the previous surgery

Doctor Answers 4

Fullness of the Mons pubis

Persistent fullness of the months pubis it's not unusual after liposuction.

This area often has some skin laxity even in women who have not had pregnancies.

If you gently pull up on the skin just above the Mons pubis in the area flattens out nicely then the fullness represents mostly skin laxity.

If after lifting up to skin the area still bulges just the same and then there may be room for more improvement with further liposuction.

I would definitely start by going back to your plastic surgeon.

Ideally these concerns should've been brought up earlier during your postop visits, If they were not.

And when the fullness of the months pubis it's related to skin laxity the only real option is to do a small skin resection or a tiny lift of the area.

It leaves a scar similar to that of a C-section.

When done correctly on someone with fair skin the scar usually fades out and become is minimally visible overtime.

People with tight skin such as women who have not had pregnancies should get even the contours after liposuction if the procedure is done well.

No liposuction it result is 100% perfect. The amount of lumpiness is a subjective call and varies from patient to patient and on how the procedure was technically performed.

I would avoid the temptation of trying to treat this with any non-surgical procedure such as cool sculpting for radiofrequency treatment like Venus legacy.

Whether you need further liposuction or a small skin resection either one of these procedures can be done with local anesthesia plus minus mild sedation in an office setting.

Perhaps the most important thing to remember is that making an accurate assessment should help an experienced plastic surgeon determine first of all which is the best procedure and secondly what type of results each patient can achieve from different treatment options.


Mats Hagstrom M.D.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

1 year after Liposuction, mons pubis area is bumpy, is there something for lifting that area?

You could consider a mons lift and additional liposuction for the area in question.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

A combination approach with coolsculpting/vanquish, exilis ultra/venus legacy, cellutone/zwave

A combination approach is needed. I recommend coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the skin's appearance. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a body contouring expert.  you may need skin removal surgery to get the best outcome/flat result.  Kybella is an alternative.  Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 191 reviews

Mons pubis reduction

If there is some laxity after liposuction a surgical reduction of the mons pubis is possible. It leaves a scar similar to a C section.  Consult in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon for the best advice and, of course, you can ask your previous plastic surgeon. In our practice, this is a relatively common procedure. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 35 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.