What type of massagers are suitable to use after liposuction and TT?

I was wondering if I should purchase an infrared massager to use on the areas that I had liposuctioned to help soften the hard lumps.

Doctor Answers 4

Liposuction After care includes RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra) Cellutone/zwave, Lymphatic Massage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I recommend lymphatic massage and hyperbaric oxygen along with your compression after your procedures to help reduce swelling. I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Lymphatic massage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I send my patients to get lymphatic massage and it really seems to work and it also makes patients less swollen and feel more comfortable sooner. This is especially good for patients where multiple areas of liposuction were performed. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 215 reviews

What type of massagers are suitable to use after liposuction and TT?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In general, I do not recommend massage after surgery, but other surgeons will have a different opinion on this.

You might also like...

Massage after liposuction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for asking about your liposuction recovery.

There is no research to show what really helps after liposuction. So you can ask your own surgeon what s/he recommends or try massage of your own - anything from a rolling pin to a hand-held massager can work. Or a professional massage. The reason many surgeon's don't make a specific recommendation is that the lumps improve as swelling goes down. However painful lumps definitely improve with injection of a tiny amount of steroid.

Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. E Morgan MD PHD FACS

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.