What to eat immediately after Liposuction surgery? I am in Post-op day 1

Got my surgery done yday. What should I be eating for first 10 days. Since there is no workout and I am on meds (painkillers, antibiotics etc), want to ensure I eat well. After 10-15 days I can start workout with light walks etc. Please advise.

Post Lipo Protocol - Consult with your surgeon

I'd recommend you discuss this with your surgeon as he would be best suited to give you advise as to what is recommended, what is safe, and what will boost the outcome of your surgery. 

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

What to eat after liposuction

I would ask your surgeon as we all have our preferences. In our office a balanced diet that is not overly fatty is what we recommend for the first couple of weeks. Best wishes.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Food to eat after surgery

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

You can rely on your own preferences as to what to eat. Generally plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and lean meat with no too many carbohydrates is the best. For more information, ask your surgeon as s/he knows what was done and the details of your health.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liquids.

Start with liquids and if you do well then advance your diet to regular food. There can be a little nausea when you first eat or drink so go slowly. Reach out to your surgeon about what you need to do about exercise. Congratulations on what sounds like a successful liposuction procedure.

Aldo Guerra, MD