Can lipo fix my B belly? 220lbs 5'4 (Photos)

I am 25 year old female with no kids. I wanted to lose weight in hopes of losing the B belly shape that I have. After so much hard work by eating healthy and exercising, I manage to lose 50lbs with the hopes of getting a normal D shape belly. I really love my curves but I am fearful that no matter how much weight I lose, I will still have this stomach shape. I plan on losing more weight whether as my ultimate goal weight is 180. I just want to know will lipo give me the one stomach appearance.

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Thank you for the pictures and question, I believe you can benefit more from a full tummy tuck with liposuction of sides and back,consult carefully with a board certified PS, good luck!

Lipo candidate?

Congratulations on you weight loss.

At 5'4'', 220 lbs, your BMI is 37.8.

Ideally, BMI should be less than 30. If you simply did liposuction now, the results would likely be very unsatisfactory. So get to the desired BMI. (Use either of the many available free BMI calculators on line) Then Opt for an extended abdominoplasty with adjunctive liposuction if desired. 

Hang in there. Many have done it and you can too!

Liposuction to fix my belly button

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Please do not interrupt your weight loss by having liposuction. Continue to lose the weight until you reach your goal. With weight loss, your belly button should improve a lot. If not, you can then consider liposuction.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck -- CANDIDATE?

You are not a candidate for lipo alone, if you did lipo you would need skin removal.  Even then the outcome is going to be good but you need weight loss as much as possible beforehand to get truly the best result.  Dr. Emer.

Correction Abdominal Contour

Congratulations on your weight loss thus far. You do, however, need to go beyond your present goal as it will still leave you in the significantly obese category. At that weight, the most you can hope for is a significantly "D-Shaped" belly because of the fat still intraabdominally which is the one place you do not want it for your health's sake. No matter what you do with eight loss, liposuction alone will never correct the shape of your abdomen. Once you complete the weight loss you will need a full tummy tuck including muscle plication since the muscle is now stretched and will be loose once you have lost the intraabdominal weight. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon who has significant experience in body contouring. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Can lipo fix my belly

Thank you for your question. Based on the description and photos liposuction is not going to help at this moment. I recommend you loose to your goal weight and re evaluate. You are most likely candidate for full TT with some area liposuction.

Getting the desired abdominal contour

The two reasons your abdomen has the shape it does our skin laxity and obesity.

To get a better looking abdomen you need to lose weight and consider a skin only abdominoplasty.

I don't think you're a particularly good candidate for liposuction.

Your goal weight should be between 120 and 160 pounds.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. By looking at your pictures I believe that you are a great candidate with lipoabdominoplasty which is aggressive lipo combined with a tummy tuck to give you a very flat yet contoured abdomen. I encourage you to lose as much weight and then have the procedure. Best of luck. 

Best procedure

Congratulations on your weight loss and continue to your goal.  That said from the photos alone without an examination you appear to be a better candidate for an abdominoplasty with liposuction the liposuction alone 

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

Congratulations on your weight loss!

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon