How long does it take for temporary dorsal hump from trauma to go down?

I hit my nose hard on a pillar 3 weeks. The pain was quite bad and I went home immediately and slept it off. The next morning it was swollen and red. I noticed there was a small bump on my nose - which is still there I have pressure in my nose - would this be the result of lingering swelling/inflammation? When I press on the bridge of the nose and pull to one side, the bump on the bridge goes down. Its given me some hope but I am slightly sceptical that this is just what happens to any nose.

Possible break?

The bump could be soft tissue swelling, which will resolve in 2-4 weeks with ice and massage.  But if you have broken your nasal bone, it may remain when the swelling goes down.  I would have it looked at by a plastic surgeon at your earliest convenience.

Trauma to nose

Without seeing you in person, impossible to predict. If the bump doesn't resolve on it's own in the next couple of months, you will need to schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to have it assessed. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon