I did Lipomatic one month ago, I started to dance in the 3rd week is that ok?

I did the thighs. Is dancing will delay the recovery?

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Liposuction - can I start dancing?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• The usual answer would be 'yes', but start slowly.
  • However the best person to ask is your own surgeon who knows exactly what was done and how your are recovering.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Exercising can actually be helpful to mobilize some swelling. However, stop if you feel any excess discomfort. You may notice more swelling when you finished, so you might want to wear compression garments or support stockenings initially.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after a procedure

After a procedure like Lipomatic, it is good to start back exercising as soon as you feel up to it.  Exercising will not do anything to delay your recovery. I would suggest gradually getting back in to things. The more you do, you may notice more swelling at first. This is completely normal. Good luck with recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon