10 days before lipo. Do I need to stop working out?

Liposuction

Working out up until the day before surgery will not cause any harm. It is actually recommended to continue your working out routine so you don't gain any extra potential weight that the lipo might not be able to address. It is very important to be at your goal weight before surgery to achieve the best possible result. Be sure to check with your doctor about restarting your workout routine after surgery to maintain your surgical results. 

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Working out before liposcution

Working out until the day before surgery should be fine, after surgery is a different story.  I would say speak to your surgeon because depending on the type of workout you want to do AFTER surgery he will give you his instructions on when you can start.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Greetings

Thank you for your question. you do not need to stop working out at all before operation. You can continue with your normal daily activities.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

There is no reason that you would need to stop working out prior to surgery. you can work out up until the morning of if you would like. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - when must I stop working out?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I let my patients keep up their regular exercise through the day before surgery.
  • Working out afterwards is usually the problem - and your surgeon needs to tell you how much to do, when.
  • If you do unusually difficult work-outs, check with your surgeon to see if s/he wants you to stop sooner.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Workouts can continue until the day before liposuction.

Specific instruction should come only from your surgeon. My practice you would be permitted to work out until the day before liposuction surgery.

Working out prior to liposuction

Liposuction is a great procedure and the best candidate are those that are active but just can not get the shape of their body that they want.
Exercise is important and we do not ask for any restrictions. At the same time, make sure that you discuss these questions with your doctor.

As always, I recommend thorough assessment and consultation with experienced doctor prior to proceeding with any treatments.
Best regards and I hope this helps, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Working out before lipo

In my practice, a patient can work out up until the day of surgery.  You want to stay well hydrated before  and after the procedure.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Should you stop working out before lipo?

I think you should continue working out till the day you have lipo.  Get your core/muscles in the best shape possible and lose the most weight possible, especially if having a hi definition procedure.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Keep working out right up until your liposuction.

Don't stop working out. Keep going right up until your lipo and start walking the next day after lipo. 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon