What is the Average Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants?

I am a mom in Wisconsin and am contemplating having breast augmentation. I was wondering what the average cost is for a lift with implants?

Breast Lift with Implants: $6500-$7500

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Breast augmentation performed in combination with breast lift is one of the more commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures. Prices for this procedure vary widely and depend on several variables. It’s important to make sure that your fee quote includes the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charge, implant cost and pre and post-operative care. Each of these components may vary widely depending upon the surgeon’s practice.

Generally, surgeons who operate in dedicated outpatient cosmetic surgery facilities are able to offer lower facility fees than those who operate in hospital based practices. The surgeon’s fee can vary as well depending on regional differences and levels of local competition. Anesthesia charges can vary and this may be related to the use of a nurse anesthetist verses a physician anesthesiologist. Finally, there may be wide variation in implant charges, depending upon the type of implant chosen. For instance silicone implants are more expensive than saline implants.

It’s also important to have some understanding of the surgeon’s revisional surgery policy and the implant manufacturers warranty policy. Hopefully, this won’t be necessary, but revisions may be required for a multitude of reasons. When these situations arise, it’s important to understand what expenses you may incur.

When all of these variables are considered, fees in the Midwestern United States range from $6500 to $7500. It’s important to remember that although price is an important component of your decision, it’s not the only consideration. Make sure you have a comfort level with the surgeons experience and reputation and their ability to communicate with you. 

Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants in Albany NY

In my practice (which is located 2 hours north of NYC in Albany, NY), the total price for a breast lift with implants ranges between $7500 to $9000 - which is well within the nationwide average and very competitive compared to most breast surgery specialists.

But in general, the price of an augmentation mastopexy mostly depends on:

1. Type of lift needed - a periareolar lift is much quicker to perform than a full inverted T lift with a lollipop in between. The longer your surgeon is in the OR, the more your surgery will cost.

2. Type of implant wanted/utilized - silicone implants are more expensive than saline to purchase and thus directly increase the total cost of a breast lift augmentation.

3. Experience & expertise of your plastic surgeon

4. City, State and/or Region - surgeons in major metros like NYC tend to charge more than surgeon's of equal (or even greater) experience & expertise practicing in less populated markets.
That said, if price is a concern, I agree 100% with Dr. Pousti that "it would be much better to save up and have the procedure done correctly" then have it done now (and increase the risk of a complication) by a surgeon who charges well below the average rate. Thanks to sites like RealSelf, it's now very easy to find all the excellent & experienced plastic surgeons who charge well within the regional and nationwide price averages for a given procedure.

Hope that helps and good luck going forward, Dr. DeLuca

Breast lift with implants is expensive.

Hi.

When we do breast lift in Manhattan, the total expense is $16,000.  This includes surgical fee, cost of implants, cost of an accredited surgical facility, and cost of a board certified anesthesiologist (most important for safety).  it is quite a bit less in Wisconsin.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Cost varies

The cost for a breast lift with implants varies depending on the type of implants used, the type of anesthesia used, and operating room costs. It also varies in different parts of the country. The range is $5,800 to $9,800 in San Francisco, CA.

Fred Suess, MD (retired)

Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy Cost?

Costs of surgery will vary from region to region and from surgeon to surgeon;  please don't make this the primary factor in choosing your plastic surgeon.  Experience, safety record, and quality of work will matter most.  it would be much better to save up have the procedure done correctly;  revisionary surgery can be more costly (in many ways).

Average Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants

In the Miami area fees start from $4,500 to $8,500 depends on which implants (saline vs silicone) and type of lifting (full, l-shaped, donut). Best from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091

Breast Lift/ Augmentation Combined is a complex procedure

As a breast enhancement procedure, the Augmentation-Mastopexy is one of the most demanding procedures in plastic surgery.  This is one case that going for the lowest price will not be wise. Please go to a plastic surgeon who has many years of experience with this procedure; and typically if good at what they offer, they will not be the cheapest.  The saying you pay for what you get really rings true here.  As far as the specific cost, you are best served by seeing various surgeons in your area to best determine.

Sergio P. Maggi, MD, FACS

Director- Austin Plastic Surgery Center

Prices vary greatly according to region, doctor and type of lift and implant.

The cost of a breast lift with implants is not uniform across the entire country. The average cost in Middleton, Wisconsin is $8500, with prices ranging from $4600 to $12700. We can compare these figures with prices in the Los Angeles area, where my practice is based, where the same procedure will cost you anywhere from $5700 to $13500.

Furthermore, even with the same doctor, the price will change depending on whether you get a partial lift or a full lift, and also on your choice of implant.

These are the prices in my practice as of 2017:

Breast lift with implants (partial lift)
-$7750 (saline implants)
-$9250 (silicone implants)
-$10,750 (gummy bear implants)

Breast lift with implants (full lift)
-$8750 (saline implants)
-$10,250 (silicone implants)
-$11,750 (gummy bear implants)

You can do a lot of research on these different types of lifts and implants on your own. However, only during a consultation with a doctor will you truly be able to figure out which is the best for you specifically. There are just too many factors to consider, and you need to combine a doctor’s expertise with your specific goals.

These prices should help give you a sense of the investment you need to make. Knowing them in advance will help you plan and budget, and figure out if you need to use financing. 

When choosing a surgeon, look for experience with the given procedure, reviews, before and after photos and finally meet with them for a consultation. It’s the only way to really make sure you’re picking the right doctor. Plus, it’s the best way to get quality information that you can use to help you make the final decision.

I hope that answers your question. It’s great that you’re doing this research. I always say that the best patients are informed patients.

You might also want to research your options for breast implants. Choosing the right implant is the number one concern among women considering breast augmentation. Did you know, there’s actually a way to select a implant shape, size, and profile that is perfect for you?

A term that I use with my patients for the perfect implant is the “Pony Implant”.

So what do I mean by “perfect”? Well, a Pony Implant has three qualities to it. First, the implant meets your beauty goals. For example, you want to your breasts to look fuller while still appearing natural.

Second, when you chose your Pony Implant, you walk out of your consultation 100% confident that you’ve chosen the right shape and size for you. In other words, you won’t be second guessing your decision, and you won’t be afraid of having gone too big or too small.

And third, after your procedure, you are thrilled with your results, and say, "I’m so happy. This is exactly what I wanted!"

That’s the Pony Implant. And the great news is that there is a simple process to go about finding yours.

This issue of selecting the right implant is so important when it comes to patient satisfaction or dissatisfaction that, again, I really encourage you to learn more about it.

Thank you for reading and best of luck on your journey!

William Rahal, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Breast lift costs

The price of a breast lift varies quite a bit depending on the type of lift and whether implants are used or not. A  lift without implants would cost 5400 including all costs, but this can go as high as 11,500 depending on what else is done. The average is in the middle of these two numbers as not everyone needs the full lift with implants.Thanks for asking, but the best way to find out what it will cost you is to ask a board certified plastic surgeon. 

W. John Bull, MD

Price of a Breast Lift with Implants

Thank you very much for your question, as it is a good one.  The exact cost of your breast lift and implants will depend on several factors, including the technique employed and the type of implants used. On average, the cost of a breast lift with implants will run from $7,000 to $10,000. To find out the exact cost of your intended breast lift with implants, i recommend that you schedule a private consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. At this time, he/she can perform an in-depth physical examination and explain the recommended techniques. The exact cost of surgery will be determined, and the payment options (including medical financing) will be reviewed, as well.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD