What is the Average Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants?

I am a mom in Wisconsin and am contemplating having breast augmentation. I was wondering what the average cost is for a lift with implants?

Breast Lift with Implants: $6500-$7500

Breast augmentation performed in combination with breast lift is one of the more commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures. Prices for this procedure vary widely and depend on several variables. It’s important to make sure that your fee quote includes the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charge, implant cost and pre and post-operative care. Each of these components may vary widely depending upon the surgeon’s practice.

Generally, surgeons who operate in dedicated outpatient cosmetic surgery facilities are able to offer lower facility fees than those who operate in hospital based practices. The surgeon’s fee can vary as well depending on regional differences and levels of local competition. Anesthesia charges can vary and this may be related to the use of a nurse anesthetist verses a physician anesthesiologist. Finally, there may be wide variation in implant charges, depending upon the type of implant chosen. For instance silicone implants are more expensive than saline implants.

It’s also important to have some understanding of the surgeon’s revisional surgery policy and the implant manufacturers warranty policy. Hopefully, this won’t be necessary, but revisions may be required for a multitude of reasons. When these situations arise, it’s important to understand what expenses you may incur.

When all of these variables are considered, fees in the Midwestern United States range from $6500 to $7500. It’s important to remember that although price is an important component of your decision, it’s not the only consideration. Make sure you have a comfort level with the surgeons experience and reputation and their ability to communicate with you. 

Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants in Albany NY

In my practice (which is located 2 hours north of NYC in Albany, NY), the total price for a breast lift with implants ranges between $7500 to $9000 - which is well within the nationwide average and very competitive compared to most breast surgery specialists.

But in general, the price of an augmentation mastopexy mostly depends on:

1. Type of lift needed - a periareolar lift is much quicker to perform than a full inverted T lift with a lollipop in between. The longer your surgeon is in the OR, the more your surgery will cost.
  2. Type of implant wanted/utilized - silicone implants are more expensive than saline to purchase and thus directly increase the total cost of a breast lift augmentation.
  3. Experience & expertise of your plastic surgeon
  4. City, State and/or Region - surgeons in major metros like NYC tend to charge more than surgeon's of equal (or even greater) experience & expertise practicing in less populated markets.
That said, if price is a concern, I agree 100% with Dr. Pousti that "it would be much better to save up and have the procedure done correctly" then have it done now (and increase the risk of a complication) by a surgeon who charges well below the average rate. Thanks to sites like RealSelf, it's now very easy to find all the excellent & experienced plastic surgeons who charge well within the regional and nationwide price averages for a given procedure.

Hope that helps and good luck going forward, Dr. DeLuca

What is the Average Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants

The average cost for a breast augmentation with breast lift can vary on a variety of factors. Regionally there may be a cost difference (Miami may be higher cost than Milwaukee). The type of lift may also determine what the final cost will be. For example a peri-areolar lift will not take as much time as an anchor incision. Of course the anesthesia and OR facility costs will depend on your area and plastic surgeon. In dallas, a breast augmentation with lift will range from 6000 to 12000 dollars.

Cost varies

The cost for a breast lift with implants varies depending on the type of implants used, the type of anesthesia used, and operating room costs. It also varies in different parts of the country. The range is $5,800 to $9,800 in San Francisco, CA.

Fred Suess, MD

Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy Cost?

Costs of surgery will vary from region to region and from surgeon to surgeon;  please don't make this the primary factor in choosing your plastic surgeon.  Experience, safety record, and quality of work will matter most.  it would be much better to save up have the procedure done correctly;  revisionary surgery can be more costly (in many ways).

Average Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants

In the Miami area fees start from $4,500 to $8,500 depends on which implants (saline vs silicone) and type of lifting (full, l-shaped, donut). Best from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091

Breast lift with implants is expensive.

When we do breast lift in Manhattan, the total expense is $16,000.  This includes surgical fee, cost of implants, cost of an accredited surgical facility, and cost of a board certified anesthesiologist (most important for safety).  it is quite a bit less in Wisconsin.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Thank you for the question. The cost will vary between surgeons and regions of the country. Make sure that you are quoted a total price that includes everything (surgeon's fees, the cost of implants, anesthesia fees, and the fees for the operating room). In our office the price is about $9,000-10,600, but varies based on the specific procedure involved. When considering any cosmetic surgery of the breasts, make sure that you see only board certified plastic surgeons.

Breast lift cost

Hi,Costs vary depending on where you are located and how much work you need done. It's difficult to give you a price without you having a consultation, but averages could range from 6,000 to 15,000 depending on surgeon and amount of you work you need. Best to get a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and you will get a price quote. Best of luck!

Average cost of Breast Lift with Implants

This is a wonderful question! In my practice I provide a quote to patients which includes everything; anesthesia fee, facility fee, surgeons fee, implants, as well as a fully encompassing post-operative kit which includes everything you need for post-operative care. It is very important to make sure you understand what all is included in your procedure quote as some facilities will bill separately for anesthesia, facility, as well as other amenities that you may have thought was included in the quote received. The cost for a standard breast lift with silicone implants typically ranges between $8000-$9200 in my practice. I will individually quote each patient as each procedure is tailored to their personal needs. Please remember that communication is key in all aspects of planning a cosmetic surgery. Comfort and confidence should be unwavering with the surgeon you are choosing to move forward with as well as communication should be easily achieved. I hope that you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck! 

Ronald Downs, MD, FACS
South Bend Plastic Surgeon