What is the Average Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants?

I am a mom in Wisconsin and am contemplating having breast augmentation. I was wondering what the average cost is for a lift with implants?

Breast Lift with Implants: $6500-$7500

Breast augmentation performed in combination with breast lift is one of the more commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures. Prices for this procedure vary widely and depend on several variables. It’s important to make sure that your fee quote includes the surgeon’s fee, facility fee, anesthesia charge, implant cost and pre and post-operative care. Each of these components may vary widely depending upon the surgeon’s practice.

Generally, surgeons who operate in dedicated outpatient cosmetic surgery facilities are able to offer lower facility fees than those who operate in hospital based practices. The surgeon’s fee can vary as well depending on regional differences and levels of local competition. Anesthesia charges can vary and this may be related to the use of a nurse anesthetist verses a physician anesthesiologist. Finally, there may be wide variation in implant charges, depending upon the type of implant chosen. For instance silicone implants are more expensive than saline implants.

It’s also important to have some understanding of the surgeon’s revisional surgery policy and the implant manufacturers warranty policy. Hopefully, this won’t be necessary, but revisions may be required for a multitude of reasons. When these situations arise, it’s important to understand what expenses you may incur.

When all of these variables are considered, fees in the Midwestern United States range from $6500 to $7500. It’s important to remember that although price is an important component of your decision, it’s not the only consideration. Make sure you have a comfort level with the surgeons experience and reputation and their ability to communicate with you. 

Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants in Albany NY

In my practice (which is located 2 hours north of NYC in Albany, NY), the total price for a breast lift with implants ranges between $7500 to $9000 - which is well within the nationwide average and very competitive compared to most breast surgery specialists.

But in general, the price of an augmentation mastopexy mostly depends on:

1. Type of lift needed - a periareolar lift is much quicker to perform than a full inverted T lift with a lollipop in between. The longer your surgeon is in the OR, the more your surgery will cost.

2. Type of implant wanted/utilized - silicone implants are more expensive than saline to purchase and thus directly increase the total cost of a breast lift augmentation.

3. Experience & expertise of your plastic surgeon

4. City, State and/or Region - surgeons in major metros like NYC tend to charge more than surgeon's of equal (or even greater) experience & expertise practicing in less populated markets.
That said, if price is a concern, I agree 100% with Dr. Pousti that "it would be much better to save up and have the procedure done correctly" then have it done now (and increase the risk of a complication) by a surgeon who charges well below the average rate. Thanks to sites like RealSelf, it's now very easy to find all the excellent & experienced plastic surgeons who charge well within the regional and nationwide price averages for a given procedure.

Hope that helps and good luck going forward, Dr. DeLuca

What is the Average Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants

The average cost for a breast augmentation with breast lift can vary on a variety of factors. Regionally there may be a cost difference (Miami may be higher cost than Milwaukee). The type of lift may also determine what the final cost will be. For example a peri-areolar lift will not take as much time as an anchor incision. Of course the anesthesia and OR facility costs will depend on your area and plastic surgeon. In dallas, a breast augmentation with lift will range from 6000 to 12000 dollars.

Cost varies

The cost for a breast lift with implants varies depending on the type of implants used, the type of anesthesia used, and operating room costs. It also varies in different parts of the country. The range is $5,800 to $9,800 in San Francisco, CA.

Fred Suess, MD

Average Cost of a Breast Lift with Implants

In the Miami area fees start from $4,500 to $8,500 depends on which implants (saline vs silicone) and type of lifting (full, l-shaped, donut). Best from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski 305 598 0091

Breast lift with implants is expensive.

Hi.

When we do breast lift in Manhattan, the total expense is $16,000.  This includes surgical fee, cost of implants, cost of an accredited surgical facility, and cost of a board certified anesthesiologist (most important for safety).  it is quite a bit less in Wisconsin.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Can implants cause a breast lift?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want an augmentation and hope this will lift your breasts or you are contemplating an augmentation in conjunction with a breast lift? In a woman with pseudoptosis (some breast tissue is below the breast crease, but the nipple is at the crease level) a breast augmentation with implants caqn give you a lift. If the skin envelope is sagging and stretched out with the nipple below the crease or at the bottom of the breasts than you will need a lift +/- an augmentation. I personally do not do both procedures together if a major lift is required (more than just moving the nipple-areola up a couple of cm). The cost of an augmentation depends if you get saline vs silicone gel implants, region of the country. Our all inclusive costs are $7,500-8,800. You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon who can explain you options based on you physical examination. Good luck!

Average cost of Breast Lift with Implants

This is a wonderful question! In my practice I provide a quote to patients which includes everything; anesthesia fee, facility fee, surgeons fee, implants, as well as a fully encompassing post-operative kit which includes everything you need for post-operative care. It is very important to make sure you understand what all is included in your procedure quote as some facilities will bill separately for anesthesia, facility, as well as other amenities that you may have thought was included in the quote received. The cost for a standard breast lift with silicone implants typically ranges between $8000-$9200 in my practice. I will individually quote each patient as each procedure is tailored to their personal needs. Please remember that communication is key in all aspects of planning a cosmetic surgery. Comfort and confidence should be unwavering with the surgeon you are choosing to move forward with as well as communication should be easily achieved. I hope that you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck! 

Ronald Downs, MD, FACS
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift like other cosmetic surgery varies considerably across the country and even in the same area. South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $3000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for breast lift without breast implants. We charge starting at $3500 + MD Anesthesia related costs for breast lift with saline implants. Breast Lift with silicone implants start at $4300 + MD Anesthesia related costs. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cost of lift and implants

Pricing really varies. I charge about $10,000 for the procedure, at my facility in Toronto, Ontario. Pricing in the US tends to be lower.

Ronald Levine, MD