Do I Need a Lift w/ Implants If I Only Have Minor Sag to my Breast?

im 20. i have had 2 kids and have some sag to my breasts (cup size small B) but its not bad, just minor. (or thats what it looks like to me) if i get larger breast implants, will that fix the sag i have? or will i need a full lift? i really dont think i would need a full lift, just bigger sized saline implants. so yea, if the sag isnt bad bad will the bigger implants work fine?

Lift or Implants for "Minor Sag"

While increasing the volume of your breasts can help to fill your breasts, implants do not lift the breast.

If you have had some deflation of the breast, but the nipples are above the height of the breast crease and the bottom of the breast has not dropped  significantly, filling out the breast skin with more volume (breast implants) can work beautifully.

If the nipple or bottom of the breast are too low on the chest, a lift may be a better alternative.

Your plastic surgeon can make this determination for you at consultation.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Bi- planar breast augmentation can often compensate for minor degrees of breast ptosis

Thank you for your question.  As others have stated it is necessary to examine you in person to give you an accurate answer to your question.

Generally speaking if your nipple is above the inframammary fold, the fold beneath your breast, then this sagging is called glandular ptosis and a biplanar breast augmentation may suffice without the need for a lift.

Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast lift surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Not necessary to go for larger implants

The right size and profile of an implant will help correct mild sagging, so you won't need a lift. You don't need to choose larger implants, usually a higher profile is the only thing necessary. 

Ronald Levine, MD

Lift or implants?

Probably you can use implants only to achieve your desired result, but it will depend on your nipple position.  If the nipples point downward you will also need a lift. Good luck.

David Stoker, MD

Lift or no lift?

It would completely depend on how much excess skin you have and wear that skin is in relation to the crease beneath your breasts.   If it is above, you may not need a lift.  If most of your breast is below the crease, you will probably need to consider a lift.  Another way to try and figure this out is to look at yourself in a mirror.  Do you see any breast skin beneath your areola? or is the areola at the bottom of the breast when you look at the reflection.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

Implants with or without a lift

Hi,

The larger implants you get, the more "sag" or extra skin it will take care of, however there is a limit to this. Your plastic surgeon will be able to guide you in whether or not you need a lift as well. This is typically based on measurements and a physical exam. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

It's difficult to say without photos. Careful measurements and in person examination are used to determine whether a lift is needed. I look at the position of the nipple in relation to the crease below the breast. Nipple above the crease: Augmentation only; Nipple at the crease: May do well with an augmentation only, but I inform the patient that they may need a lift in the future; Nipple below the crease: augmentation/mastopexy. Depending on the desired implant size and how far the nipple needs to be lifted, this is performed as a single stage or two stage procedure. 

Augmentation Mastopexy for Minor Sagging

Getting #Implants without a #BreastLift is said to be a "mistake" by many patients. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy without the lift. They tend sag more, and, sooner due to the excess weight. At times a “#Snoopy” breast or double #bubble can result without combining the two. Also, if the nipples is in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” #ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

Breast augmentation and/or breast lift for sagging breasts

Usually a minor sag to the breasts does not require a lift when implants are placed; however, it is not advisable to place large implants in any breast in an attempt to correct significant sagging. The question can be more accurately answered with an appropriate exam of the brasts to determine the degree of sagging and the amount of breast tissue to determine whether an implant alone will give a satisfactory result.

Breast Lift or Just Breast Implants

Your answer is all about a combination of how perky you would prefer after surgery, the shape of your breast, elasticity of your skin, density of your breasts, and other factors. An examination by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can guide you is what is needed the most at this point. See the below link on how to choose your best plastic surgeon.