Hypertrophic lip lift scar ruined my smile (Photo)

Hello. I had a lip lift done at Motohiko Takesaki in Shinagawa clinic Tokyo. The surgeon did a terrible job, not only did he not wait for the anaesthetic to start working before he started cutting at my face, leaving me screaming on the operating table, he left me with this huge hypertrophic scar with distorts my smile. I've been advised to use steroid injections which I know improve the look of a scar but will they provide stretch and softness to the tissue so that my smile can return to normal?

Lip lift - terrible scar from surgery abroad

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
  • I am so sorry you have had such a poor experience.
  • If your surgery was more than 6 months ago, a scar revision is probably the best treatment.
  • Steroid injections may soften it, but are likely to widen it as well.
  • Surgery should be done by a plastic surgeon under magnificiation to avoid further reducing your lip.
  • Please find a plastic surgeon as near to you as possible to help you - Australia has many well qualified palstic surgeons.
  • Start with the website of the Royal Australian College of Plastic Surgeons.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS