9 days post op for trans BA and it feels like I have a matchbox car under my armpit? Doesn't look swollen or infected.

my left armpit is extremely sore I have kept both of my armpits covered I have a couple big lumps in my armpit where the incision is about the size of matchbox car under the incision my left breast has dropped further than my right and my arm is cold and numb and is very sore closed and opened I don't have this problem with my right. my right breast sits higher up towards my collar bone but has settled down a little bit .there is only tiny non painful bumps under this arm pit . Should I be worried ?

Subcutaneous lumps after Transaxillary Breast Incisions (Transaxillary Breast Augmentation)

It's always wise to go back to your Plastic Surgeon immediately when you have a concern, especially if unusual pain, tenderness or swelling. It does take time to heal from any breast surgery including Transaxillary incisions, and following your Surgeon's post-op instructions as you are doing can usually aid healing.  Re the non-painful bumps, from what you describe, you may possibly have a subcutaneous lump / localised collection; it's unclear and your Specialist Surgeon can hopefully assess this for you. If there's no obvious cause, then it may warrant an ultrasound for further assessment, if required.

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

9 days post op, matchbox car under my arm

Thank you for the question.  The nerves to your arm are often stretched during a trans-axillary breast augmentation.  The sensation of coldness and numbness needs to be follow up with your plastic surgeon. The lump you are feeling may just be inflammation around the incisions (most likely), but it could be a small fluid collection (blood or inflammatory fluid). Again, follow up with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns. I wouldn't worry too much about one side having 'dropped' more than the other side. This type of early post operative asymmetry is common. Give yourself tome to heal. Good luck!     

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation healing

Thank you for the question.   It may be that the nerves in the armpit have been stretched in the process of placing an implant and that is what you may be feeling.   It will be important however I have your plastic surgeon make sure that hematoma or seroma is not present.  Perhaps we can upload some photos to allow us to give you a more accurate information.   Swelling in that area is of course normal given the surgical circumstances .

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

With all of the symptoms you are experiencing at 10 days post-op, you should be evaluated

At this point after surgery, things should be settling down a bit and not getting worse.  It will be impossible for us to provide any really useful recommendations here online, especially without any images, so the best thing for you to do is contact your surgeon's office and tell them what you are experiencing.  That way they can make arrangements to have you come to the office for an actual exam.  This will be the best way to tell for sure what is going on, and to intervene if need be.  If everything is OK, then it will put everyone's mind at ease.  Good luck.