What is the best sports bra after a BA?

I want something very comfortable not tight and easy since I'll be so sore

Breast Augmentation

We have had very good success with the Coobie Bra Line which is seamless with no underwire and reasonably priced.

Sports Bras after Breast Augmentation Surgery

We usually suggest an inexpensive cotton stretchy bra that fastens in the front. These are often found online or at Walmart, and Fruit of the Loom brand seems to work well and be widely available.  When I perform more complex revisionary breast surgery like capsule or bottoming out repair with implant change in size and fat grafting, we suggest one of Victoria's Secret's sports bras that has a conforming cup on the inside, with a more stretchy outer panel for the best of both worlds. FYI this is called the "Knockout by Victoria's Secret Front Close Bra". Some of my breast augmentation patients also like to wear this when they graduate to a more conforming bra at about 10-14 days after surgery. Good luck!

Jennifer L. Walden, MD

What is the best sports bra after a BA?

I suggest an inexpensive sports bra that opens in the front and is stretchy, not super supportive, because you are going to have some swelling after the surgery. My patients usually find these at Target or Walmart. Good luck!

Keith Hodge, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Sports Bra after Breast Augmentation

I recommend that my patients get a sports bra that opens in the front so that it is easy to get on and off after surgery. (You will typically wear it all the time except to shower for about 6 weeks) Most patients find them at Walmart for about $10 - and these are great. They are stretchy so I usually have them buy one that fits them comfortably (not tight) now so that it will fit with stretch afterwards. Some patients just get 2 sizes and we pick after surgery. You can also find the zip-front sports bras at VSX (Victoria's Secret) but they are much more expensive. (Let's face it, you are going to be sick of it after wearing it every day!). The most important thing is that there is no underwire which could keep the implants abnormally high. Best wishes!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Old Navy!

Make sure to check with your surgeon to make sure they are ok with you wearing a sports bra after surgery. A lot of my patients really like the sports bras from old navy. They're affordable, comfortable, and stretchy. Best of luck with your surgery!

~Dr. Sieber

David A. Sieber, MD
Bay Area General Surgeon

Post Op Bra

I provide my patients with a surgical compression bra after surgery. Many Plastic Surgeons will provide or suggest a type of bra that they prefer you to wear. As well, underwire bras can cause unnecessary complications and should be avoided for the first two months following surgery. I recommend that you call your Plastic Surgeon to ask what they advise for you.

All the best

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Bra

You should direct these questions to your surgeon's office as each surgeon has his or her own recommendations regarding post operative care.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Sports bra after a BA

if you had a BA already, I would recommend asking your surgeon.  I am always available for my patients 24/7 for questions by email or phone.  I would expect yours is as well. 

If no surgery yet.  I recommend one that is supportive, light and not high-impact.  I give my patients a sports bra postop.  It works great.

hope that helps and best wishes!

Dr Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

What is the best sports bra after a BA?

Thank you for your question.  Although each surgeon may have their own preference as to what to wear after surgery, generally speaking a wireless sports bra that does up in the front tends to be the most easily tolerated.  Pulling over your head or doing up in the back may be uncomfortable for the first short while after surgery.

Best of Luck,

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD, FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon