21 male shedding about 20 hair in shower, is that normal?

I usually don' speeding more than 10 hair in shower, but recently, I found my hair shedding increase to around 20 hair, should I be worry about it? In addition, I could found about 8 hair falling out on my keyboard everyday.

Shedding, what is normal?

It is considered normal to lose about 100 hairs a day.  If you count more between your keyboard, shower and your hairbrush you may want to consider seeing hair restoration specialist to have a microscopic evaluation to check for miniaturization.  If miniaturization is present you may want to start on finasteride to help keep the hair you have.It is considered normal to lose about 100 hairs a day.  If you count more between your keyboard, shower and your hairbrush you may want to consider seeing hair restoration specialist to have a microscopic evaluation to check for miniaturization.  If miniaturization is present you may want to start on finasteride to help keep the hair you have.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair shedding

you should shed around 150 hairs a day, so shedding 20 is below the normal number. If you are concerned, you should have a consultation with a hair restoration surgeon who can evaluate your scalp and hair, and discuss with you the preventative measures that one should take. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Understanding Normal Hair loss and treatment options: prp and progesterone

Since you're concerned, I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate your condition and consider the best treatment options. There are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone and/or hair transplantation. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

21 year old shedding

The average person loses 100-150 hair per day. Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Shedding

It is normal to shed about 100 hairs/day; so at this point, if you are only noticing about 20 hairs/day, then that is well within normal range.  The hairs shed normally because of the hair cycle which alternates between a growing phase and a resting phase.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding hair how much is normal?

it is normal to lose between 80-100 strands of hair per day on  average. So 20 strands is pretty normal. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon