Can I use my husband's rograine?

My husband uses the liquid eye dropper and I want too

Rogaine

What is the strength of your husband's Rogaine? I assume 5%.  If it is 5%, then the label now supports using 5% minoxidil daily for women.

Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

Husband's rograine

yes, sure  you can use your husband %5 minox ..actually I recommend it to my woman patients who has a serious thinning ..

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rogaine

from the history you provided, are you currently using minoxidil as well? What strength are you using if you are currently using it? Have you seen a hair restoration surgeon prior to starting minoxidil? 

to answer your question, I usually recommend 5% minoxidil to my patients, and have couples that share their minoxidil. So yes, you can use your husband's minoxidil, just be cognizant of what % he is using vs the % you are using. Increasing the % of minoxidil can cause shedding in the first couple weeks of use. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Grow, Grow, Grow-Hair Loss Treatments with Rogaine, prp and progesterone

There is no reason why rogaine cannot be used on women, I suggest using this because its stronger. I recommend combining with prp and progesterone injections for best results. Best, Dr Emer.

Can I use my husband's rograine?

Yes, you can use your husbands stronger Rogaine. The stronger medication might cause facial hair so watch for it

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Women using 5% minoxidil

I actually encourage women to use 5% minoxidil.  However, since minoxidil works to reset the growth cycle, you'll likely notice some shedding when you begin.  Perhaps start by using it every other day and then working up to daily after a few weeks.  The recommend usage is 2x per day.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon