Do non traditional uses of minoxidil work?

I've been reading alot of recent posts/articles on the Internet (reliable source huh lol)about the use of minoxidil on places other then the head. Is it true that it will work effectively and permanently on facial (beard or eyebrows), body (arms, legs, chest) hair?

Minoxidil other uses

it can potentially work on other areas of the body, such as the face, chest, etc but the results are not permanent and are only for as long as you use the product. Also, the hair that grows from the rogaine is typically not the same quality of the surrounding hairs.

Chicago Physician

Minoxidil in other places

Minoxidil seems to grow hair wherever you put it.  It is not permanent, though.  Like all hair treatments, the results last as long as you use it!

Good luck.

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

Alternative Uses for Minoxidil--prp and progesterone to regrow eyebrows

Minoxidil will grow hair wherever it is applied, but it may not be good quality. I have great success using prp and progesterone injections to regrow eyebrows. I recommend a formal consultation with a hair loss expert for options. Best, Dr. Emer

Minoxidil

Topically applied, minoxidil will produce some hair where ever it is applied, but the hair may not be more than fuzz, not the hair that grows long and can be styled. Try it

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon