What kind of clearance do you need before getting a BBL? Is this something you need from PCP or PS?

I have high blood pressure and has been under control for over a year. I wanted to get myself prepared before my consultation and surgery early. I had my blood work done a few months ago for a an abdominal hysterectomy and everything seems to be fine except my triglyerides is slightly elevated and my Vitamin D was low. I now take a Vitamin D supplement daily at 2,000 IU. Everything else is normal. I'm also 43 years old, 5'5, and 180lbs. Looking to get 1,000 cc or more per buttock. Thanks!

Medical clearance for surgery

Medical clearance needs depend entirely upon the individual.  From your description, it sounds as though you're likely medically sound to proceed with your desired surgery any time.  Your plastic surgeon will evaluate you personally, though, and review your history, and will decide if anything further needs to be done before surgery.Best wishes,Dr. Kavali

Different surgeons will have different thresholds for obtaining medical clearance and for performing elective surgery.  In general, if blood pressure is controlled with medications and there are no other health issues, you can likely proceed with surgery.Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA