Arm lift with Lipo cost and recovery? (photo)

Ever since I remember my arms have always been bigger for my body. I see pictures of my grandma and it ended up with her arms. I am a plus size girl but I've never actually filled out my arms. My question is which procedure would be best for me? Lipo with skin tightening, mini arm lift, of traditional arm lift with lipo? I am a hairdresser how long would the recovery period be before I am able to return to doing hair?

Arm lift

Thank you for your question. The way I would do it in you, is a combination of lipo and posterior arm incision. Cost is about $6000-$7000 in total. You would need to probably take off a minimum of two weeks. I note that you have a band toward the end of the arm. I see this occasionally an will warn my patients that this band may not go away. Other than that, you should get an excellent improvement.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Excess Upper Arm Skin

A variety of treatment options are available to treat excess upper arm tissue. These procedures are tailored to meet the patient's specific needs. Your pictures demonstrate significant amounts of excess skin in multiple dimensions. Under these circumstances, a full brachioplasty will be necessary to correct this problem.

This procedure utilizes an incision that extends from the axilla to the elbows. In some cases, a secondary transverse incision is made in the axilla as well. The procedure removes excess skin in multiple dimensions. This procedure is associated with excellent clinical results and high levels of patient satisfaction. Unfortunately, the scars associated with this procedure can on occasion be extremely noticeable.

Following surgery, patients should minimize the use of their arms for two weeks. After two weeks, they can gradually resume normal activity. Heavy lifting and strenuous activity should be avoided for at least 7 to 8 weeks following surgery.

The cost of brachioplasty varies and depends upon multiple factors including the surgeon's fee, facility fee and anesthesia charges. In the Midwestern United States, these fees vary between $5,000 and $7,500.

If you're considering brachioplasty, it's important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Arm Lifting Costs?

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider,  type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak to/see patients who have had arm lifting surgery performed.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  Best wishes.

Arm lift with Lipo cost and recovery?

Full arm lift will give the best results for you. This may cost $7000 on the low end. I would recommend 6 weeks before doing hairdressing as lifting your arms may compromise wound healing.

Brachioplasty for Excess Upper Arm Skin

One can occasionally improve the appearance of the upper arm by liposuction and removal of some skin toward the axilla when there is very little excess skin and excellent skin elasticity. You, on the other hand, have markedly excess skin. When there is this much excess skin and the elasticity is never good. Therefore you need a full brachioplasty (or arm lift). Occasionally liposuction is done at the same time, but this is only to assist in improving the contours outside the area of excision. You should be able to return to some work activities within a week, but it will take several weeks before your back to normal activities. Prices very by location. However, you want someone to do this who is quite experienced in the procedure and can give you an excellent scar and result. Price, therefore, should not be your primary concern. There is also Care Credit which can assist you.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift with Lipo

Hello, after reviewing your photos- it is obvious that you will benefit from Arm Lift. in conjunction with liposuction. Liposuction alone will be of no value to you since your problem is primarily -- skin.I would perform a brachioplasty.

Brachioplasty (arm lift) for bat wing deformity

You have a significant amount of excess skin. The ONLY effective procedure for you is a brachioplasty (arm lift). This will remove the excess skin and fat and contour the arm for a natural and pleasing result. Liposuction will only empty the skin envelopes. Skin tightening is still a bit sketchy and, in the most optimistic estimate, would not come close to helping you. Be prepared with brachioplasty for a great result, but you might need scar revision ( about 5% needed in my practice).

Good luck! Be sure to consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and insist on seeing a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can see the types of results that are reasonable to expect.

Arm lift with Lipo?

This is a great question and thank you for the pictures. It looks like you would be a great candidate for moderate liposuction in addition to a full arm brachioplasty in order to achieve the best results possible. This will help contour the entire arm and provide a nice improvement by removing the excess skin as well that would otherwise not be removed with liposuction alone.

Costs vary by location, but I do this with total anesthesia in the surgery center for ~$5500 all included. Hope this helps.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon