Anything i can do for the fat rolls on my arms? (photo)

I have had this my whole life. its like a rubber band has been placed around my arm, the skin is tight which makes it look like i have a fat roll. yes i am overweight but even underweight i had the issue and i hate it. dont want to get arm lift as my other arm doesnt bother me its just this section. I have myotonia congenita unsure if this effects it or not

Doctor Answers 4

Liposuction For Upper Arm Constricting Bands

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Although it's virtually impossible to make a specific recommendation without a physical examination, your pictures suggest the presence of constricting bands of skin around your upper arms. These bands may represent a mild manifestation of a condition known as amniotic band syndrome. In severe cases, multiple z-plasties may be necessary to correct this problem and avoid functional problems.

Your pictures suggest the presence of a relatively minor deformity. Under these circumstances, liposuction to debulk the bands might dramatically improve your arm contour.

For these reasons, it's appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

Anything i can do for the fat rolls on my arms?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Liposuction may be appropriate, but this is difficult to evaluate from the photos alone.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Anything i can do for the fat rolls on my arms?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and pictures. There is no modality that I am aware of to treat the specific concerns you describe. As you likely know, it will be in your best interests to achieve a long-term stable weight; once you have done so, in-person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons may be helpful to you. Careful evaluation of your situation may lead to treatment recommendations, such as liposuction surgery and/or arm lifting surgery. Again, much will depend on your physical examination, goals, and preferences once you have achieved your long-term stable weight.

Sorry, I cannot be of more specific help to you.

Best wishes.

Arm lift or not

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The photos you included show excess tissue in the upper arm, but with limited views and history it is difficult to answer your question. It is possible that liposuction along with arm lift may help. I also recommend that you consult a board certified plastic surgeon once your weight is stable. By stable I mean a weight you can maintain long term.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 227 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.