Will my waist continue to shrink after my 2 month post op lipo. (photos)

I am 2 months post op lipo and most of the swelling has gone however I have a pouch just over my belly button and 2 small lumps on my sides which gets bigger and harder when I wear jeans. Also my mid section itches alot and burns from time to time when I try to change position while sleeping. How long will this last and will my waist get any smaller.

Post liposuction

The lumpiness, swelling, itching and hardness after a surgery like you had typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. In my experience, daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference in getting rid of it sooner rather than later. It can easily take 6 months or more to see results. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have with your surgeons for his evaluation and advice. Hope this helps.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#liposuction #drdeanvistnes #realself

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank your for your question and your photos.

daily massage of the hard areas makes the biggest difference. recovery can last at least 4-6 months.

best of luck,

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Will my waist continue to shrink after my 2 month post op lipo.

At two months much but not all of the swelling has diminished.  The larger the volume of liposuction that was performed the longer I'd expect to see swelling persist.  Most all is gone by 6 months in my experience.  Bumps are usually transient and disappear after the deep bruising resolves.  The "soft" swelling usually covers them at first but they tend to appear after a few to several weeks and in my experience are never permanent.  I personally do not see itching and burning in my patients but perhaps they just don't mention it.  That sounds like awakening nerves and if so should disappear within a few weeks.  Good luck.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Liposuction

Yes- the swelling after liposuction can last up to a year. The discomfort generally resolves after 3-6 months. Hope you are happy with your result and be sure to follow up with your plastic surgeon so he/she can help you through the recovery period. 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Will my waist get smaller?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

You are still swollen and will continue to see improvement over the next 4 months or more. The itching and burning is also common and is a sign of irritated nerves. It willl usually settle down six months after surgery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS