Any alternatives to neck liposuction?

I had neck liposuction done 2 months ago, however no real results were seen. I am 29 years old, height of 5'10", and weigh 150lbs. An interesting finding I discovered is that when I press my tongue against my palate, my entire submental region lifts up dramatically and my double chin disappears completely. However, when not in that posture, it is very evident. Is there anything else that may be offered that can potentially change my jaw line or is my anatomy permanently preventing any real results? Thx!

Neck liposuction - no results so far

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.

• Liposuction results can take up to six months to appear in some men with thick skin.
  • Your description suggests a variation in the anatomy of your hyoid bone position however -
  • You need an examination by an experienced plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to advise you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Neck issue

Many things can contribute to your neck issue. Sometimes it is fat above the muscle, sometimes it also includes fat below the muscle( not treated by lipo), and sometimes it is muscle or skin issues. Best to be evaluated in person.

Treatment for Double Chin

Treatment of a double chin requires making an accurate assessment of the anatomy causing the condition. If there is redundant skin, or a relaxed platysma muscle, or a low positioned hyoid  or a recessive chin then liposuction of submental fat alone will not correct the condition. Procedures that may be needed to correct a double chin can range from non-surgical radiofrequency skin tightening such as the Venus Legacy or Sublime, minimally invasive SmartLipo Precision Tx, or open surgical platysmaplasty with or without skin excision (neck lift) or even possibly a genioplasty. Best to get opinions from several board-certified plastic surgeons who can show you before and after photos of patients with a situation similar to yours. 

Regards, 

Scott A. Brenman, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

Scott A. Brenman, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Neck Issues

Your description regarding neck when you press your tongue to palate are highly unusual Tough to assess without photos and/or physical exam. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD