What's the best way to get rid of fat/skin pooches below breasts on rib cage? (photos)

I have recently lost 20lbs but have found that the little pooches that sit on top of the bottom of my rib cage, below my breasts, are still prominent. I'm natrally large chested so sometimes they form an unattractive roll under my underwire and can be seen in tight clothing. I don't want to lose anymore weight in my hips or breasts (which seem to shrink the most) so I'm reluctant to keep trying to diet these off. What are my best options?

CoolSculpting for Bra Bulge

That “bra bulge” can be taken care of with liposuction or if you’re looking for a non-invasive treatment, CoolSculpting. Both procedures work by removing unwanted fat. I recommend booking a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon that offers these procedures to further discuss your options.

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

What's the best way to get rid of fat/skin pooches below breasts on rib cage?

Thank you for your question and photographs. To treat the excess fat over your lower ribs just below your breast, a liposuction would be the simplest and most effective procedure for you. This can be done under local anesthesia with minimal discomfort and recovery time. 

As with any liposuction, the final result will take several months because of the swelling. However, it will be improved over your present appearance in 2 to 3 weeks.

Again, thank you for your question, and congratulations on your weight loss. Best of luck to you.

Thin patients ironically make the best candidates for liposuction.

From the photographs it looks as though you are fit. It also looks as though the area in question has only modest surplus of fat with good skin overlying it. Liposuction should serve you well. It can be done with local anesthesia only although this is a sensitive area. Sedation is the most popular way combined with local anesthesia. Some patients require a full general anesthetic

Liposuction

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for liposuction as long as the "rolls" are not loose skin, but rather fatty deposits. Liposuction is a great options for patients who are at their goal weights, but have stubborn deposits that are not addressed with healthy eating and exercise. You should make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations and best results. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Skin issue?

This may be more of a skin issue rather than fatty tissue build up.  If it is fat, then lipo may help. If it is loose skin than only skin excision procedures might help.

Getting Beautiful Results After Weight Loss With VASER, ThermiRF, ultrasound, fat grafting

As long as you don't need skin removal, it looks like you would be a great candidate for liposuction. VASER liposuction can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. 4D HI DEFINITION in combination with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting will help with fat removal, contouring, skin tightening and toning. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a body contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Options After Weight Loss

it appears from your photos that liposuction of the regions is your best option and skin should shrink down satisfactorily after. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Your options include both non-operative and operative procedures. Radio frequency fat reduction (Exilis) or cryolipolysis (CoolSculpting) can provide nice results and work on most patients. Exilis also provides some skin tightening while CoolSculpting only reduces fat. 

Alternatively, a simple liposuction procedure that can be done with either a local or general anesthetic works nicely on this area. 

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the options.

Roll of tissue beneath breasts

The pooch is caused by a combination of a little fat and a little skin laxity.  Fortunately, in your case, it is very mild.  In addition to liposuction, CoolSculpting could be done to that area to reduce the fullness.  Best to see a Board-certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss the pros and cons of both approaches.

Pinching more than an inch

Well, it looks like a small area liposuction would work for you.  If you note in your pictures you can pinch more than an inch.  That means there is fat between your fingers.  This area that you are pinching is notorious for female frustration.  It is a pad that interferes with contour and sometimes the breast can simply lie on it causing sweating and outright frustration.  This is an area that is frequently addressed with liposuction.  Here is the fine print...your surgeon has to be comfortable with Liposculpture of this area because it can be tricky.

Well, I hope that helps...never believe that you are anything less than a miracle and that by being a woman you make miracles happen!

Dr. Dillon

Paul C. Dillon, MD