I had Botox injected above my eyebrow and in between for a brow lift. Will I get better results or waste my money?

It's been a mo.

Botox above the brow does not lift the brow.

The muscles of the forehead and the around the eye pull the eyebrow in opposite directions.
Treating the eyebrow position with Botox is a balancing act.

The forehead pulls up. If you weaken the forehead muscle, the muscle around the eye can pull more, resulting in a lower brow (by millimeters).

The muscles around the eye pull the brow down. If you weaken the eye muscle then the forehead can pull more, resulting in a higher brow (by millimeters).

With every new Botox patient, I take photographs and perform an exam with photoanalysis. I like to present both surgical and non-surgical options. And together we come decide on a personalized and safe treatment plan

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox injected above my eyebrow and in between for a brow lift. Will I get better results or waste my money?

Hi, I have used Botox (Xeomon and/or Dysport) for over 30 years.  Botox can be used to soften forehead lines and wrinkles and rain the eyebrows when properly placed.  

Hope this helps.

Botox injected to elevate the eyebrow = seek for a experienced Botox specialist #botox #eyebtows #botoxapplicaiton

Patients interested in elevate their eyebrows (naturally) with Botox may do so if patient candidates. In order to elevate the eyebrows Botox should be applied in the forehead, eyebrow itself and crow's feet area.  The result depends obviously on the patient anatomy. 

Patients interested in Botox application  should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face.

John Mesa, MD

Botox and browlift

It is a common misconception that injecting Botox above the brow will provide some lift to the brow.  The muscle above the eyebrow is the frontalis muscle and lifts the brow.  So injecting Botox into this muscle would weaken the muscle making it more difficult for the muscle to lift the brow.  This is the reason that too much Botox in the forehead can lead to the brows drooping.  The most common place to inject Botox to help lift the brow is actually under the lateral aspect of the brow just above the crow's feet area.  It seems counterintuitive but this actually lifts the brow.  The reason is that there is a circular muscle that goes around the eye.  When this muscle contracts it pulls the brow down.  So injecting Botox into the lateral part of that muscle to weaken it allows the muscle above the brow to raise the brow without the muscle around eye pulling it down.  It is a subtle lift usually yielding only 1-2 mm but my patients who get it love it.  I would recommend that you visit with your injecting physician to find out exactly where the injections were placed and whether your result is what was expected.  

Cody Koch

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow lift can occur with botox injections between brows

Hello again, I have updated my answer with a web link to better answer your question.

Hi hjjjhjk.  Botox injections between the eyebrows leads to browlifting and softens the vertical lines that occur there.  Injections into the forehead will soften horizontal lines but not lift the brows.  The balance between the two groups of muscles can be biased to produce an eyebrow lift by selective dosing and --it is very technique dependent.  Speak to your injector about your desired result and depending upon your examination, you may be able to be re-injected to get the desired result.  Good luck!

Botox injected above the eyebrow will not create a brow lift, it will actually lower the eyebrows.  This counter-intuitive concept is commonly misunderstood by patients and, unfortunately, by many offices who perform Botox.

For a brow lift Botox is injected just underneath the far, outside portion of the eyebrow and along the area where "crow's feet" wrinkles are commonly seen.  For Botox, typically 10 units per side is needed.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Botox Results After 1 Month

Thanks for your question!  If you are a month out from your injections, it is likely your results won't change.  I tell my patients to wait a full two weeks before evaluating for their final result.  I recommend returning to your injector to voice your concerns.  Best of luck to you!

Botox injections

The result you will achieve depends upon the areas injected, your age, your anatomy, and the skill of your physician. Injecting above the brow laterally may result in the brow dropping

Hello Hjjjhjk,

Without photos or a description there isn't a way to comment on the result.  Botox will reach its maximum effect in about 10 days.  Since you are 1 month out it would not be expected that your result would change.  If you aren't happy with your result then it is best to be evaluated by your injector.  You may have been under dosed and simply need a touch up.  It's also possible your goal for a chemical brow lift with Botox is more than what can be achieved and that surgery is the better route for you.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon