Implant removal. Any suggestions?

Is it just absolutely true, not to be able to go from a full size D, to a full B, with the roundness and perky Ness? While I was wanting a lift, and all, it said that it would not matter bc going that small wouldn't matter, isn't this the point of a lift.?, or he recommended that I just take my implants out, all together bc I appear to look a full B. Wth.

Implant removal

It is very difficult to comment without a photo. Generally, if you wanted to go really small, you may need a lift. Again, it all depends on body. If you have saline implants, we will deflate initially to determine if you will need another implant or lift. There are many possibilities here. Best to discuss with your Plastic Surgeon. Good luck.

Removing breast implants

Breast implants are like a pillow behind your breast. Size of your breast after removing the pillow is hard to predict and can't be controlled. If your breast hasn't gained or lost since the implants were put in then you can expect them to be about the size they were back then with the implants not there. Also, it's important to understand the pillow of a breast implant does not lift the breast and taking them out does not make them sag. This supposed effect is an illusion created by the volume fill out or the volume removal. A lift procedure means shifting the nipple-areola and breast behind it up higher on the chest and has not effect on real volume. It has different incision and risk tradeoffs. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Photographs needed

Without photographs it is indeed difficult to determine what you will need.  It is also impossible to predict whether or not you will need a lift.

Without photos, no one over the Internet can give you specific opinions. However, if you are a D with implants and go down to a B after removal, you will probably need a lift to deal with the excess skin.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lift with removal

Need photographs to determine whether a lift and which one would be preferable. A drain for a week would be very useful as well. Best of luck

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Typically when removing larger implants and going from a DD size to B-C cup size, a lift is indicated otherwise the breasts would be very ptotic.  Maybe if you post photos we could better understand your situation.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Implant removal. Any suggestions?

I would recommend you remove the implants and heal from that before considering a lift. You may not need one.  Wear a good compression bra while healing.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD