I Have 290cc Implants and I Will Change There with 400cc Ultra High Implants. DD cup Possible? (photo)

I am a 35 yr old mom of 2kids. I'm 5'3" & 113 lbs. Cup Sice C at this time with 290cc anatomical implants. Is a DD Cup possible with 400cc ultra high implants? Example this 2 models in the pictures?

Mechanical Stability

At size 32 or 34 bra each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  At size 36 or 38 bra each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  110 cc will be 1 cup size if you are 32 or 34 and 1/2 cup size if you are 36 or 38.  However, you will not achieve the results of the models shown in the photographs.  It is important for you to know that the shape those models have is not mechanically stable long term.  These women will require additional revisions as the implants descend due to excessive weight and inadequate mechanical support.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision your breast is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and displace medial to increase cleavage.  Breast lift will maximize anterior projection more than 400 cc ultra high implants.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

DD cup

A 110 cc change will probably not do it for you interms of increasing your cup size to a DD. Remember that when going larger there are increased risks.  An evaluation in person is key.  Good luck.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me (Revisionary Surgery)?

Thank you for the question but despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with precise enough advice.  One of the keys to achieving the results you are looking for will be clear communication with your plastic surgeon.

This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Picking Size of Implants from Photos Alone: Difficult at best.

Despite many of the answers thus far, I don't think it possible to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to make you a DD without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. This is because measurements are needed to determine the implant size that your native base width of your breast will accommodate. Additional critical information is also needed such as if your implants are above or below your muscle and if possible review of photos prior to your first augmentation and your operative note.
I personally order more than one set of implant sizes and use sizers during surgery to fine tune which implant would work best for you. In general Ultra High Implants often give an unnatural appearance due to over projection. Software morphing programs can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn't work well in my experience with sagging or asymmetric breasts).
My advice is to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a formal consultation. If still confused don't hesitate to get a second opinion.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Exchanging for larger breast implants

It is difficult to correlate breast implant volume to cup size since everyone varies depending on breast dimensions and body frame.   That being said, many plastic surgeons have imaging software in their offices that can help predict how you would appear with different size implants.  Also, many plastic surgeon will offer to try different sized implants in the operating room to ensure that they can achieve your desired look and that your breast will accommodate that size.  This way you don't have to commit to a specific volume before surgery.  However, when you do that you have to trust your surgeon to choose the right implant for you.  

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Deciding on Implant Size with a Breast Revision

It is possible to #increase your implant size with a #revision. However, the #pocket will need adjustment and a lift may be necessary; to better #support the new implant. Additionally, a mesh for further support may be helpful depending on the #implant size and skin #elasticity. Here are some helpful guidelines to consider for sizing: 

Usually if a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc. This is a general number, and of course there are other factors that will affect this. 
Other factors which contribute to the outcome are #size, #shape, and #profile. 
The #profile is determined by the amount of #projection versus roundness that the you desire, as well as the #size of the implant and size of your chest. Also, the placement or incision location will also have an effect on profile. 
Another element to a satisfying result of your #augmentation is realistic #expectations.
#Shaped implants are all #textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from shaped implants.

Breast revision surgery is more difficult, complicated, and requires more time than primary surgery. There is as much as a 40% chance additional surgery will be needed following the #revision. As far as sizing, there are no promise or guarantee of the specific cup/bra #size and shape you will be after your surgery.  Implants which are under the muscle or are placed in a new position under the muscle may change with shape on muscle contracture and may have “#banding” and motion of the implants with muscle contracture. If this is unsatisfactory, it may require additional surgery which will also require additional surgeon’s fees, operating room and anesthetic fees.

High profile

The high profile saline implants by allergen overfilled will be excellent choice for gaining extreme upper pole fullness and narrowing of the sides. 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

I Have 290cc Implants and I Will Change There with 400cc Ultra High Implants. DD cup Possible?

You need to be sure the 400 cc UHP are large enough for you to obtain a DD. I might consider a 480 cc UHP implant to be sure you get that DD look.