How Much Does Fat Transfer Cost for the Face?

I have sunken in eyes and have lost the fat under my eye area only, and woundering how much does it cost for fat transfer?

How much does fat transfer cost?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Treatment of facial aging changes with fat grafting must  be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires.  I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.
Therefore, the price of a facial fat grafting will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.

Achieving survival of grafted fat requires appropriate instrumentation, meticulous surgical technique, and a willingness on the part of the surgeon to put a significant amount of time and effort into mastering the procedure. The fat must be harvested in a manner which ensures fat viability, and it must be grafted in a manner that permits revascularization (i.e. blood supply) of the grafted tissue.
Areas that already have some soft tissue fullness, such as the cheeks, are relatively easy to expand with grafted fat, as a robust ‘scaffolding’ exists to hold the grafted fat. Thinner areas are more challenging: the temples, the lower lid / cheek junction, the nasal dorsum; these areas frequently require more than one fat grafting procedure to achieve the desired degree of volume enhancement. One can only add but so much fat in a single treatment when the ‘scaffolding’ is limited.
There really are no ‘shortcuts’ that a surgeon can take when performing fat grafting surgery. Every step in the process must be performed with great attention to detail. Make sure that the surgeon you choose provides some description of their fat grafting technique, provides some indication of their level of experience with fat grafting, and demonstrates to you a high level of success in terms of fatsurvival and natural-appearing results as represented by ‘before and after’ photography.

Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Cost of fat transfer

Wow, Waxahachie TX.  Man I haven't been there in 100 years.  I miss the Catfish Plantation ( one of my favorite restaurants.  If you're not from Texas don't worry about it you don't know what we talking about)

anyhow, fat transfer to the face typically costs anywhere from $2500-$5000. This depends on whether or not you're doing it with anesthesia. Personally I find that unnecessary and I performed liposuction portion and the fat transfer portion under local anesthesia in most cases. If you are limiting the procedure to just the area under your eyes or around your eyes the cost can be as little as $2500. In the area in which you live you may be able to find someone to perform the procedure for as little as $2000 but these are all just estimates.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

double board certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consider a filler first

It sounds from your posting that this is something new for you. If it is and cost is a factor, you might consider a filler like Juvaderm or Restylane first to see if you like the look. The filler will be less expensive than autologous fat and will be gone in 6 months if you're not fond of the look.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer is one of the most, if not the most, technique dependent procedures in plastic surgery.
It involves the successful transfer and survival of fat cells as well as an aesthetic three dimensional volume sculpting. Therefore, having a true sense of what beauty and youth look like for EACH individual is critical.

There are those who inject fat as a filler--often serial injection-- and those graft the fat cells so it survives and functions. The rate of survival is also technique dependent. I can say, as pioneer of this procedure with over 20 years experience, that the survival rate in my hands is very high---few require an additional procedure unless for purely aesthetic reasons. The surviving fat functions to improve skin quality by improving blood supply, and slows aging, I believe, through a similar mechanism by augmentation of blood supply to the bone. Finally one is truly three dimensonally volume sculpting, therefore each area effects the adjacent area aesthetically as well as from an anti-aging point of view. The face must therefore be viewed in its entirety.

Finally, the donor sites must be treated with equal care. Hand held(not machine) liposculpting helps preserve the viability of the fat cell as well as create donor site shape. Lipoplasty can easily by overdone, or leave the patient worse off aesthetically now or in the future, depending on skin quality, age, hormonal status, weight and pregnancy history, etc This is also a function of attention to detail, technique, experience and aesthetics.

The surgical cost is generally $3500 for one region of the face(upper, middle or lower) or $8-10,000 for a full face. Donor site selection and/or the number of donor sites required may influence the overall fee.

Hope this helps

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS

Fat transfer cost to the face

At our practice we offer different pricing models for fat transfer. 

The base is $ 900 / mL (comparable to fillers). That is nice if you only need a few milliliters around the eyes for instance. 

Whole face which typically requires 30-50mL is a flat rate of $ 4500.

Prices vary by pactice, geography and surgeon but is likely close for everyone. 

Hope this helps. 

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of fat transfer

Cost varies, it could be anywhere in the range of $800 to $4000. Depends on amount of facial volume loss and the areas being treated. 

Nicole Schrader, MD, FACS
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Expectations, cost, location

Fat Grafting is a popular surgical procedure to replace volume loss in the face.  Under the eyes is a common place we transfer fat for a longer lasting result vs temporary fillers.  Depending on your current volume loss, location,  and expectations fat transfer can vary from office to office.  An average range for us to transfer to the eyes only (partial face) in our office starts at $3000+.  Remember an evaluation to establish your concerns and goals is needed to make the best recommendation and cost estimate for you.  Always consult with a certified pyhsican who offers the procedure you are looking for, remember, cheaper is not always better when it comes to surgery!!! 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of facial fat transfer

In our office we charge $4500 for fat to be transferred to the entire face and almose have a 3D face lift effect.

Omeed Memar, MD, PhD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the face

Not all fat transfer procedures are equal.  The price depends on experience and technique.The procedure can be quite tedious, particularly if large volumes are harvested and injected.  The price will also be determined by the type of anesthesia (general or local).  We generally charge $5,000 to $12,000.

Tim Neavin, MD

Fat transfer

it costs starting at $2500 depending on the artistry and difficulty.  Best is to seek a true expert that does this routinely and gets best results.  Hope that helps

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD